Cache for Missing TBs?

MIG2

I recall reading about a cache in New Zealand or Australia that is used by folks who want to put miles on a missing TB.....but I can't remember its name???

Missing bugs can be 'Marked as Missing' which places them out to an Unknown Location. No fake cache needed.

If found or re-released it can simply be Grabbed back into circulation.

I think you might be referring to one of the graveyards. There are a few that I've come across. One that I found was a nano on a fire hydrant that is marked as having hundreds of lost TBs and GCs in it. They don't move them or add mileage to them, they just put them there since the actual TB or GC is gone. Like a cemetery for trackables.

They don't move them or add mileage to them, they just put them there since the actual TB or GC is gone. Like a cemetery for trackables.

Virtually placing the missing trackable in any cache adds mileage and is moving it.

TB Graveyards involve fake logging for fake miles.

Just mark it missing, and it can be in an Unknown location, accumulating no miles, clogging up no cache page with phony trackable drops.

When the Mark Missing option became available, there was no longer any reason to have TB graveyards.

It was the owners of the trackables that put them in the cemetaries. When it became known to an owner that one of their trackables had gone MIA, (cache muggled or destroyed, ect) it was easier to move them to a cemetary cache.

I believe Groundspeak canned these types of caches a while ago. This thread on the Australian forums explains the issue. http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.p...raveyard+caches

This is the Australian cache in question. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHGX5

For those not in the know, The Isle of the Dead, not the cache by the same name, is a real place, just off Port Arthur in Tasmania, which was an early 19th century penal colony. Its where convicts, officials and officers stationed there were buried. Nearly all of the convicts have no marked graves.