DNF

We DNF when we've made reasonable effort. If we're just passing and have a quick look we don't, as we are left with the feeling that it's probably there but we haven't put enough effort into it. If it's a cache we haven't attempted due to running out of time, getting lost and not making it there, too many muggles, etc. I post a note as I don't consider it a 'Did not find' as to not find something you do have to look for it in the first place!

I do *always* leave a DNF if we're doing a series as we always put the time in to find all of them. It's quite clear who doesn't log DNF's when you're reading through the logs for series/trails when someone who has posted finds on most has left nothing on others that they have obviously passed by :ph34r:

We DNF when we've made reasonable effort. If we're just passing and have a quick look we don't, as we are left with the feeling that it's probably there but we haven't put enough effort into it. If it's a cache we haven't attempted due to running out of time, getting lost and not making it there, too many muggles, etc. I post a note as I don't consider it a 'Did not find' as to not find something you do have to look for it in the first place!

I do *always* leave a DNF if we're doing a series as we always put the time in to find all of them. It's quite clear who doesn't log DNF's when you're reading through the logs for series/trails when someone who has posted finds on most has left nothing on others that they have obviously passed by :D

See post #19 :laughing:

I only post a DNF if I've had a chance to do a search. I do tend to load a few caches on my GPS if I'm in a certain area for whatever reason, but if I don't get close enough to the cache to do a search or I just don't get time to do any searching I just don't log.

I have an issue with caches hidden in 'ivy covered trees' One i have beeen back to 3 times and still it is a DNF. Others have found it since, and once it did go mising and was replaced by the CO. Its not going to beat me, 3 visits so far with nearly 3 hours searching........I will keep returning till i find it. Sometimes you just cannot see the wood from the trees :signalviolin:

Edited by dave-harris