Cache idea, is it allowed?

gojomoso

I had a cache idea that i am certain is not a new idea, but it's basically a cache that moves. I will place a cache at one location, the person who finds it, takes it and moves it to another place. They log their find, then post a note containing the coords for the place they placed the cache. This allows the cache to keep moving. Is this allowed on geocaching.com?

Also could i put a travelbug tag on it too? to keep track of mileage?

Then for maintenance, if a person picks it up they are responsible to check the log and replace it if needed.

Moving caches were allowed at one time but are no longer allowed under the current guidelines. To much work for the reviewers to keep updating the coordinates, plus the need to vet every location it is hidden, issues with proximity,etc...

You can still however have a Travel Bug that is a cache, it will just be tracked through a TB page instead of a cache page, I have moved several of these, even a few ammo cans.

Moving caches were allowed at one time but are no longer allowed under the current guidelines. To much work for the reviewers to keep updating the coordinates, plus the need to vet every location it is hidden, issues with proximity,etc...

You can still however have a Travel Bug that is a cache, it will just be tracked through a TB page instead of a cache page, I have moved several of these, even a few ammo cans.

But you couldnt combine those pages, having a cache page with the listing, and having it be tracked through a TB page?

Take a look at GC5416

From the Guidelines, http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

First and foremost please be advised there is no precedent for placing caches. This means that the past listing of a similar cache in and of itself is not a valid justification for the listing of a new cache. If a cache has been published and violates any guidelines listed below, you are encouraged to report it. However, if the cache was placed prior to the date when a guideline was issued or updated the cache is likely to be "grandfathered" and allowed to stand as is.

A travel bug is not a cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/default.aspx

I had a cache idea that i am certain is not a new idea, but it's basically a cache that moves. I will place a cache at one location, the person who finds it, takes it and moves it to another place. They log their find, then post a note containing the coords for the place they placed the cache. This allows the cache to keep moving. Is this allowed on geocaching.com?

Also could i put a travelbug tag on it too? to keep track of mileage?

Then for maintenance, if a person picks it up they are responsible to check the log and replace it if needed.

Before putting out ANY caches, you should read the guidelines. Then read them again. Had you done so, you would already know the answer to your question.