Suspected pipe bomb device was a Geo-caching tube

t4e

<_< "I picked it up and put it in the truck to get it as far away from the kids as possible," said the man, "and then I brought it here to the police station." :wacko:

Besides being lucky he didn't get blown up by this "bomb", he's also lucky he didn't get shot walking into the police station with it!

In any case, I'm just glad that it was only a harmless geocache, and not a bomb.

PS: The For More Information link does not link to geocaching.com, but attempts to link to geocachingontario.com, but adds some HTML tags to the link. When you strip those tags out, it sends you to a broken link site. Love those media people, they're such kidders! :wacko:

<_< "I picked it up and put it in the truck to get it as far away from the kids as possible," said the man, "and then I brought it here to the police station." :wacko:

Besides being lucky he didn't get blown up by this "bomb", he's also lucky he didn't get shot walking into the police station with it!

In any case, I'm just glad that it was only a harmless geocache, and not a bomb.

PS: The For More Information link does not link to geocaching.com, but attempts to link to geocachingontario.com, but adds some HTML tags to the link. When you strip those tags out, it sends you to a broken link site. Love those media people, they're such kidders! :wacko:

Take the stuff out, and geocachingontario.com is still not a valid domain name. Nor has it ever been that I know of. The Ontario Geocaching Association is at ontgeocaching.com if that's what they mean. (SORRY, posted around the same time as t4e).

I see no information about what park this was in so the cache can be identified. There are only 2 disabled caches in town, and it's not either of them. Shania Twain probably knows where it was though. :wacko:

Edited by Mr.Yuck
In previous occurrences in Timmins, police have explained that concerns over explosives are taken more seriously in this city because of the relatively easy availability of blasting materials, compared to other communities.
<_<

mining is the major industry in that town

In previous occurrences in Timmins, police have explained that concerns over explosives are taken more seriously in this city because of the relatively easy availability of blasting materials, compared to other communities.
<_<

mining is the major industry in that town

Are they not required to keep track of their explosives. Seems that there would be a law requiring them to do so.