looking inconspicuous when Geocaching

tx_brewer

When your geocaching in a public place, such as a busy public parking lot, do you try to make yourself look "inconspicuous" so as not to arouse interest in what it is that your doing? such as standing in the middle of a parking lot, about to raise a lightpole skirt?

Ive found myself pretending like im on my cell phone (which is actually my GPS) waiting on someone to show up, etc. :o

Are more people geocaching at night to avoid raising suspicions?

When your geocaching in a public place, such as a busy public parking lot, do you try to make yourself look "inconspicuous" so as not to arouse interest in what it is that your doing? such as standing in the middle of a parking lot, about to raise a lightpole skirt?

Ive found myself pretending like im on my cell phone (which is actually my GPS) waiting on someone to show up, etc. :o

Are more people geocaching at night to avoid raising suspicions?

Yes, going at NIGHT **cough, cough** will be MUCH LESS CONSPICUOUS!!!!

And, I beg your pardon! Lifting up a lampost's skirt! Are you some kind of pervert!!?? (joking)

If you ask me, there is no way to do this activity without looking conspicuous and a bit strange. I mean, at one point my son and I were walking in circles in the middle of a field arguing with each other, then immediately walking over to a pine tree and crawling around the base. Taken out of context, this could look quite strange.

I have found that most of the time, most people could give a hoot about what anyone else is doing at any given time. There of course, will be the occasional curious soul around. I have found however, that that type of person is become more scarce. The best way to look "inconspicuous" is to simply be confident in what you are doing. When you or anyone else for that matter acts timid , scarred, or otherwise uncomfortable that raises the suspicion of others. So cache with confidence, and have fun!

Edited by orion X

For the caches hidden in public places we usually carry a clip board with us. When people see us walking with the clipboard in hand they usually pay no attention to what we are doing. We will walk up to a light post type hide, lift the skirt, and quickly grab the container. The clipboard makes for a nice place to sign the log.

For the caches hidden in public places we usually carry a clip board with us. When people see us walking with the clipboard in hand they usually pay no attention to what we are doing. We will walk up to a light post type hide, lift the skirt, and quickly grab the container. The clipboard makes for a nice place to sign the log.

Haha!

Clipboards, the easiest tool to make yourself look important!

:o

Haha!

Clipboards, the easiest tool to make yourself look important!

:o

I don't know about important, but it does make a muggle think that we are snooping around for a reason. But, they don't know the reason...