How do you pronounce Muggles?

randco

I have never heard the word Muggles pronounced in any of the Harry Potter movie segments I have watched. Is the word Muggles pronounced phonetically like Mug-els or Moo-gels? I have actually heard people pronounce it both ways. Just curious, which is correct?

I have never heard the word Muggles pronounced in any of the Harry Potter movie segments I have watched. Is the word Muggles pronounced phonetically like Mug-els or Moo-gels? I have actually heard people pronounce it both ways. Just curious, which is correct?

Rhymes with juggle.

That's all right. When I was reading the Harry Potter books aloud during long car rides, long before the movies, I pronounced an important name ha-GRID. When the movies came out and it was HA-grid, there was quite a mental adjustment to make.

And don't remind me of when I was a kid reading the Black Stallion books and thought that the Black's horse-friend was named nap-o-LEE-on. :):)

--Q

"Muggles" (as has been mentioned rhymes with juggles) is spoken within the very first few minutes of The Sorcerer's Stone by Professor McGonagall. It means, in HP Universe context, "Non magic-capable folk".

In Geocaching, it means "non-geocaching folk."

"Moogles" are fantasy creatures featured in the Final Fantasy series video games (And other related titles) by Square Enix. You can see some decent pictures/concept art/game art on the wiki page here (wikia.com). Basically it's a furry teddybear/cat creature with leathery wings, big ears, and a penchant for dancing and magic.

Moo-gels is my personal favorite.