Cookies on shared computer

hallycat

I am visiting Mom and don't want to save my name and password on her computer. The session cookie appears to only last a half hour which is kind of annoying, I leave the Firefox browser tab open but continually have to login. Most other sites, at least ALL the sites I am logged into stay logged in till I close the browser.

Log in as you normally would. Use that "Log Out" link in the upper right corner. Or clear out the cookies yourself to cover your tracks.

Or, create your own Windows account or Firefox profile to do your stuff on - keep your activity totally isolated from hers.

Log in as you normally would. Use that "Log Out" link in the upper right corner. Or clear out the cookies yourself to cover your tracks.

Or, create your own Windows account or Firefox profile to do your stuff on - keep your activity totally isolated from hers.

Thanks dakboy, I am well aware of what I could do though. I was looking for input or why fro tptb.

to my knowledge time out cookies are set in an attempt to have an accurate record as to many people are online at given times, it also prevents someone else using your account if you left your PC unattended, but that will be more an issue with a public/shared PC

most sites i am on have a 20 minute timeout, i am yet to see one without a timeout

to my knowledge time out cookies are set in an attempt to have an accurate record as to many people are online at given times, it also prevents someone else using your account if you left your PC unattended, but that will be more an issue with a public/shared PC

most sites i am on have a 20 minute timeout, i am yet to see one without a timeout

I had 7 browser tabs open at Mom's for several days without closing the browser or shutting down, only one wasn't a log in type. Geocaching.com is the only one I had time out.