CannonBall Race

retphoto

Well After one Full Week I see Travel BUgs scattered all over the NorthEast.

Oscar's Express seems to have jumped out to an early start, and is in Tennessee already with a good lead.

Herbie is OHIO, along with Screaming Gogomobile.

There are almost 2 dozen bugs in Pa, and everyone else is still in New York....

And in true Cannonball fashion, Burt & DOm, Cannonball Mrs Toad, Gimpy Viper, Hacksaw Cannonball SWAT, MIG 21 Fighter Jet, Pour Me A BUD, Travel Buggy and Yellow Schoolbus, are about 150 miles east of the starting grid in NorthEast New York.

For a "global view" see 2003 Cannonball Run Map

There is nothing like a Packrat who is a geocacher.

There are still at least 15 bugs that either haven't been logged out of the event cache, or haven't been placed in a second cache. It's been two weeks! And one of the bugs I'd like to help move along has been logged improperly (placed physically in a cache, but not "dropped" on the web page).

I suppose this is par for the course with travel bugs.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

Ok the Second full week of the Great Cannonball Race is over.

There's been a lot of grumbling on the sidelines, but Oscar still Holds First Place in Tennessee.

Although stats place Herbie in Second, the following bugs are in Ohio, Reno Rum Runner,Screaming GoGO mobile, and tilly and Toby tortoises...

Pennsylvania appears to have gotten a few more bugs, and there's beem movement AWAY from teh Erie Region...which seem to be over loaded with Bugs.

Meanwhile back in NEW York Burt & DOm still appears to be resting in the North East Corner going the wrong way.....and He's not Alone. Yellow SchoolBus seems to goign the same way. A few other bugs who were headed that way got their act together and turned around and are sitting in the Syracuse region.

There's also a rumour that a few bugs are still sitting near the starting gate.

Till next week this is your Bug-reporter geo-packrat out

Well with the Start of the 3rd weekend we see what appears to be a Detour for the Lead bug. It'll be interesting to watch this development.

AS of last night that stats were:

NY 42

PA 18

OH 11

WV 1

GA 1

AS reported by "Junglehair"

to check how your bug is doing in relationship to other bugs check out this linkrace stats(if someone will let me know who created this website, I will passone the Proper credit!!!)

it looks like warm weather(with some rain in most of the northeast) so we should see some major movement this weekend.

And maybe those poor souls left at the starting gate will finally head out.

Bug reporter Geo-packrat out...

The Herbie "question" is being addressed as of now, the owner of the cache in question has been contacted and will be (hopefully) checking the logbook to verify the drop-off and subsequent removal of Herbie. Once I receive word from the cache owner a decision will be made on wether Herbie needs to return to PA or not.

Major Hi-jinks goign on....

Without going into too much detail, I found out that several bugs have been found in new caches that were NOT logged!!!

this is going to reek chaos for those poor souls trying to keep track of teh bugs.

Herbie Appears to be in the LEAD....however on looking at a Map I would say that Oscar's Express is Tied....both have 4 states to travel(best routes)

23 Bugs in OHIO, 2 in West Virginia

12 in Pa,and the remainder still in NEW YORK(including 5 that still appear to be in NORTH east New York)