89 years old coming up soon!

Tho, almost 89, I don't feel old, WHY? Because my fellow geocachers treat me as one of them, not " granny what are you doing here?" They treat Garagedude AGE 83 and me as an INSPIRATION espcially since we have a grand total of 5513 caches found! It's a great hobby, a fun hobby and those who have seen my Photo Shows of SOME OF THE EVENTS, (SEE MY GALLERY) really love them and send me wonderful comments. What other hobby could be as much fun? See you on the trail and Happy Caching

Edited by shirconn

Tho, almost 89, I don't feel old, WHY? Because my fellow geocachers treat me as one of them, not " granny what are you doing here?" They treat Garagedude AGE 83 and me as an INSPIRATION espcially since we have a grand total of 5513 caches found! It's a great hobby, a fun hobby and those who have seen my Photo Shows of SOME OF THE EVENTS, (SEE MY GALLERY) really love them and send me wonderful comments. What other hobby could be as much fun? See you on the trail and Happy Caching

You must be old...

It looks like you forgot that you posted this a couple times before.

:unsure:

Keep up the caching. It seems to be doing you good!!

Edited by bittsen

While I might have a reputation on the forum as a staunch defender of lamp post hides and other urban styles, if you look at my hides you will find that they are all significant hikes with terrain of at least 2.0. I never thought that shirconn and garargedude would ever find one of my caches. After all, Ventura_Kids has never found one of my caches. Yet when I hid one up a steep hill near my house, shirconn and garagedude not only found it, they were FTF.

Shirley, you are truly a inspiration to all geocachers and a great example of why we all enjoy geocaching so much.

My grandmother at the age of 90+ was one of the most active people I knew. She loved going to the amusement parks and riding roller coasters, the more loops the better. She hiked through the mountains where she lived, you just couldn't keep her still. Age is just a number, the three of you prove that! Hope to see you on the trail sometime. Keep on caching!!

Very inspirational, Shirconn! I'm 62, my husband is 64, and we also love geocaching. We have only found a few over 700, but I hope when we retire in a few years we'll have a lot more time to spend caching! I work for a doctor, and I've noticed that while some people are old and feeble in their '50's, many much older people are still bright and active into their '80's and '90's, and the most important factor seems to be staying interested in life, optimistic and willing to try out new ideas and activities. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint with us, and Happy Caching to you and your husband! :unsure:

One of the reasons why I was attracted to Geocaching is because I can(hopefully) do it even when I'm older. I might not be able to do anymore Muay Thai when I'm in my 80's but I sure hope I can still walk!

Keep goin!

Edited by Vekta