Long time cacher, first time forum member

colaboy1234

howdy everybody!

ive been geocaching for about a year now, and just found out about logging my finds online, and the forums. im pretty new so bare with me, i am not very good at computers yet,

just been doing the whole paper caching thing with my Garmion E-trex I got form wally world,

Ill have to sit down here in a bit to start logging all maybe 150 or so finds ive got under my belt online.

what a pain, i guess there is no easy way around it is there?

Edited by colaboy1234

Some people get around it by cutting and pasting, writing a few initials, or doing any less. But I think writing a log online is one of the fun parts of the game - particularly on those occasions when the title or location evokes a stream of consciousness about matters that may have little to do with the cache itself. Some other caches may only get a line or two, but thus far I have managed to avoid initials and to keep things unique.

Edited by mulvaney

howdy everybody!

ive been geocaching for about a year now, and just found out about logging my finds online, and the forums. im pretty new so bare with me, i am not very good at computers yet,

just been doing the whole paper caching thing with my Garmion E-trex I got form wally world,

Ill have to sit down here in a bit to start logging all maybe 150 or so finds ive got under my belt online.

Well, howdy!

You're right, there is no easy way to do them all but I wouldn't make it into a huge slog for yourself... you don't have to do on-line logs, it's just a nice way to let owners know that their cache has been visited and share any comments or thoughts you might have about the location.

Have you got all your finds written down somewhere? I'd suggest just doing a few at a time, as and when you feel inspired - Maybe re-writing the logs will bring back good memories of some caches.

Whatever... Welcome to these forums. :rolleyes:

MrsB

Try to make it fun for yourself. Read the description and other people's logs and photos and see if you can pull up everything you remember about the day. Then write it down as your log.

Or not. I realize not everybody finds writing stuff down fun. But I know I vividly remembered every single cache I did until I hit 500 or so. I still remember nearly all.

You'd better get busy logging those finds there, partner. By the way, for a guy that says he's not very computer literate, you did a pretty fair job on that avatar. Even figured out how to add a forum signature to your account. Not too bad, for a hillbilly!

Howdy youself and welcum...

Certainly hope you can remember all of those 150 caches to log them online. :rolleyes:

Interesting, in one post you spell like a teacher (part way through), only to abruptly change your style, then change back again. Other posts it looks like you work very hard at trying to be something you may not be. Well, I guess that is what online posting is all about, eh?

To each his/her own.

Enjoy and have fun.

You'd better get busy logging those finds there, partner. By the way, for a guy that says he's not very computer literate, you did a pretty fair job on that avatar. Even figured out how to add a forum signature to your account. Not too bad, for a hillbilly!

I'm pretty sure this is another leg puller... I am sorry, but I don't believe the OP's story one bit.

I'm pretty sure this is another leg puller... I am sorry, but I don't believe the OP's story one bit.

Another one? Has there been a rash of sockpuppetry lately?

Oh, well. I'm always willing to play along until the gag is revealed.

Here's my biggest clue:

ide

There's only one other person on this forum who spells "I'd" like "ide" and that's ashnikes. Oh well... I'll take the much more patient viewpoint of our dear Auntie Weasel and leave it to the mods from here.