New Multi Cache Idea

I have been toying with the idea of creating a snow white and the seven dwarfs cache (i need to check and make sure that i can name it that ... don't want to infringe on disney)

My thought was this

I would post the coordinates to each dwarf, you would have to physically visit each of the caches and a portion of the coordinates for the snow white cache

it would look something like this

doc W_ _ _ __. _ _ _ (go to these coordinates in this cache you will find a card all about doc on the back side will be a number that you will have to retrieve)

on the website i would upload a form that looks something like this

DOC Happy GRUMPY

N _____ ________.________

after visiting the cache you will write your number under the coorect dwarf once all of the dwarf caches have been found you will have the coordinates to a snow white cache

WOuld you be interested in something like this .. am i missing any key elements ... FEEDBACK greatly requested :)

Pauline

sounds like fun, but I would suggest not placing the waypoints for the dwarfs too physically far away from one another, or you will not get a lot of people interested in looking for the final stage cache.

Course you can do what you want, you can make them hundreds of miles apart if you want, but the further apart you make them the less activity you will get at this cache.

I dont think Disney would mind, as you are not making any money off of this cache, and only in fact Groundspeak is, with the advertizing on the cache page. but they are not you, and therefore you are a non-profit so to speak, so dont worry about the name. if your reviewer questions you, then you might have a problem, but i dont see it as a big deal.

I think if the caches are hidden in like say lawn knomes this would be a really fun cache.

give us some more details.

and remember, this would be more like both a multi and a puzzle. this also lowers the amount of activity on your cache. it seems people more and more want to do less and less for a smiley.

I thought of putting them within the same few blocks of the snow white cache.

I was thinking of placing the dwarfs around the name like sneezy there is an allergy clinic near by

doc there is a doc office

sleepy there is a la-z-boy and so on and so forth.

I was gg to try and make this a walking style cache

Would you label it a puzzle or a multi????

thanks

pauline

ps i did a search on geo caching and there are a bunch of snow white caches

I'd make it a multi. There really isn't anything to solve, just find the dependent stages and plug in the answers.

I do like your last suggestions about linking the dwarfs to each site. I won't even ask what you come up with for "Dopey".

BTW - which dwarf gets slighted by not having a code??? there are only six blanks in N__ __.___, W__ __.___. Maybe that's dopey.

We have one here, the dwarfs are all over the town, each cache gives another part of the coords in code for Snow White. I enjoyed the series.

One is in the parking lot behind Applebees, cachers that found it after I did that day said the manager came out and started giving away gift cards. Pretty cool - the CO knew nothing about it until she read the logs.

We have one here, the dwarfs are all over the town, each cache gives another part of the coords in code for Snow White. I enjoyed the series.

One is in the parking lot behind Applebees, cachers that found it after I did that day said the manager came out and started giving away gift cards. Pretty cool - the CO knew nothing about it until she read the logs.

So you have a Snow White already near you. I saw a cache in another city (solar system series) that I thought would be a fun way to place some caches. Each on the right proportion away from the next.

Is it ok to copy someone else's ideas?

pardon my ignorance.

if i make it a series that means i post each dwarf as a cache and then if you want to write the code at each then they get snow white?

and as for who got slighted i was thinking about splitting the last 2 numbers so they are 2 and 1 so i got all the dwarfs

thank you for all your input. keep it coming

pardon my ignorance.

if i make it a series that means i post each dwarf as a cache and then if you want to write the code at each then they get snow white?

that is correct, you can write the clue/number on the inside of the lid

of course you will have to say in the cache description that such clue exists and that completing all the caches and collecting the clues/numbers will lead them to Snow White, the bonus cache

and a good idea is to put a link to all the caches in the series on each individual listing

one more thing....to avoid any unforeseen complications in the publishing process, generate all the caches and have them ready, but until you are done with all uncheck the "this listing is active"...once all are ready make them active so they can be published and add in the section called "note to reviewer" explain that they are all part of a series and you would like to have them all published at the same time

Edited by t4e

I thought of putting them within the same few blocks of the snow white cache.

I was thinking of placing the dwarfs around the name like sneezy there is an allergy clinic near by

doc there is a doc office

sleepy there is a la-z-boy and so on and so forth.

I was gg to try and make this a walking style cache

Would you label it a puzzle or a multi????

thanks

pauline

ps i did a search on geo caching and there are a bunch of snow white caches

Sounds like a really cute idea.

I prefer a series with a bonus cache once you have all the clues vs. one long multicache, but not everyone agrees.

I worked on a seven dwarfs and snow white series a couple of years ago. I found the first four pretty quickly in one day but ran out of time before I could look for the rest. Of those four, three were in small plastic containers (slightly larger than a film container) hidden in cemeteries. One of those was in a rock wall in a cemetery. The fourth was on a guard rail. Each of the containers had a bunch of strips of papers with a number on it to be used for deriving the coordinates for snow white. When I found the fifth dwarf, all of the pieces of paper with the required number were gone (the cache was on a guard rail at a location that was not particularly interesting). I was geocaching in an area where the sixth dwarf was located a few months later and figured I might as well try to grab that one and contact the CO for the missing number. It brought me to another cemetery and I looked around for about 15 minutes before checking the cache listing for a hint and discovered that the three previous attempts were DNFs. Those that had found it earlier mentioned the coordinates being off 60-80', but the hint mentioned something about a tree. I widened my search to check a bunch of trees and noticed that most of them had bark stripped off of them in places. That's really the fault of those that had searched for the cache but bad coordinates with "tree" for a hint when there were lots of trees that could potentially hold a small container didn't help.

I'm not saying that your cache series would be anything like this one, but a poorly conceived series using marginal containers that are not properly maintained isn't any better because it's a series. All it means is that you've got a bunch of lame caches instead of one. It sounds like you have put in a bit of thought about the containers and location, and for a series it's hard to go overboard to make the series thematic. Personally, I'd rather find a cache called Doc near a Dock then a Doctors office.