I cant activate a new cache help me! please

I would like to put a new cache on the site and i have this message :

Greetings from a volunteer reviewer,

***Unknown Home Location***

If you could please provide a minor update because it is unclear if you can maintain this cache after it is published. The best method to resolve this is to update your home coordinates at (visit link) this will also speed up future cache hides you submit, however a less effective way is to simply post a "Reviewer Note" (visit link) to state how far away you live. To help you make the decision please refer to the KnowledgeBase (visit link)

*** YOUR NEXT STEP ***

You need to do as outlined in the above note(s). If you need to provide more information to the reviewer please do so via "Post Reviewer Note" in the log your visit drop down menu.

Once you are ready you will need to ENABLE this listing so that it can be reviewed again and to preserve our conversation. Any changes or notes will not be seen until this listing is enabled. You enable via the drop down menu on the log your visit page.

If there is no change on this listing within a month it may be archived by a reviewer to prevent it from affecting future placements.

For more info on communicating with reviewers please see (visit link)

CacheViewer: Volunteer Reviewer (visit link)

When emailing include cache name, or GC Code (GC?????) for quick reference.

Listing Guidelines: (visit link)

Knowledge Books: (visit link)

WHY?????

beacause i live to far of my cache ??

Correct, probably because you live too far away from the proposed cache (from what I read of the question).

You need to be able to properly maintain it. Placing a cache IS NOT a "drop it and forget it" type of placement.

It is for that reason that "vacation caches" are not usually allowed. The Cache Owner must be able to demonstrate a reasonable capability to properly maintain the cache.

EDIT: If you have not updated, or even entered your home coordinates, the reviewer has no idea where you are in relation to the cache. Therefore, the question surfaces.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

In general "they" want "you" to be able to take care of the caches that you place. Some people in the past have placed caches while vacationing in Florida when they live in Maine (fictional but realistic example). It's unrealistic to think that that cache could be maintained by the cache owner.

Admittedly, I don't know offhand what the rule of thumb is for how far away one can live from their caches, but ask your cache reviewer. I've found that my reviewer is quite helpful. Their volunteered job is to help caches get published for the rest of us to find.

Admittedly, I don't know offhand what the rule of thumb is for how far away one can live from their caches

There is no rule of thumb, per se. You could place a cache on the other side of the world if you could demonstrate the ability to maintain it if the need arose. There is, after all, a cache placed near a deep sea thermal vent and the last time I checked, the guy who placed the cache doesn't live down there by it.

Admittedly, I don't know offhand what the rule of thumb is for how far away one can live from their caches

There is no rule of thumb, per se. You could place a cache on the other side of the world if you could demonstrate the ability to maintain it if the need arose. There is, after all, a cache placed near a deep sea thermal vent and the last time I checked, the guy who placed the cache doesn't live down there by it.

I suppose your mileage may vary, but my understanding is that you need to be within 100 miles as the crow flies. If you don't have your home coordinates listed, the reviewer can't determine if the cache is within the limit.