First To Find by Mark Gessner (lowrider)

Re2dog

I just read this book and it's one that's hard to put down. The author is a geocacher. Much of the book is based in Austin, TX, but has areas from all around the country mentioned. Right now, it's only available on Kindle, but luckily, Amazon has apps for PC/MAC/iPad/iPod, etc...for free! Book is $10...but well worth the money.

Mark says that hopefully the book will be out in paperback some time soon. I have never read a book on my PC, so wasn't thrilled with the idea of doing it. I gave in, though as it's the only way to read this one right now. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy Kindle is to use, and found that reading on the PC isn't so bad...I do have a comfy desk chair!

Readers out there.....check it out.....but make sure you have some free time as you won't be able to put this book down!!

So no Kindle, no book?

Right now, it's only available on Kindle, but luckily, Amazon has apps for PC/MAC/iPad/iPod, etc...for free!

You can read it on your computer, or iPod, and maybe even your smart phone. (I know B&N has a reader for the Blackberry, I'm not sure about Amazon.)

So no Kindle, no book?

Right now, it's only available on Kindle, but luckily, Amazon has apps for PC/MAC/iPad/iPod, etc...for free!

You can read it on your computer, or iPod, and maybe even your smart phone. (I know B&N has a reader for the Blackberry, I'm not sure about Amazon.)

My phone's just not that smart. Guess it'll be the computer. :laughing:

I found Kindle PC much easier to use than I thought it might be. I never would have bothered with it though, if it weren't for this book. I really, really wanted to read it. I will be right there buying the hard copy when it comes out.

My daughter & her friend are "home" for a couple of days. The friend just blasted through my Kindle copy in less than 2 days! She loved it and couldn't put it down either...ok, maybe "turn it off" is a better choice of words in this case. lol.

I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but isn't advertising in the forums rather frowned upon? If I put a song about geocaching on my next album, can I promote it here? I'm not going to, because I think a geocaching song would be silly.

Nothing against the author or readers of this book; just wondering.

I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but isn't advertising in the forums rather frowned upon?

So who's advertising? The OP is not the author of the book, just a reader sharing a book he enjoyed with the forum. Since the book involves geocaching, that's on topic.

Ok. Good enough for me. :P

I hadn't ever used Kindle, either, but it's free to download. I read this book the first day it came out and I couldn't put it down! It is a real thriller!! The writing is so realistic, I just felt like I was THERE!!!

It was so exciting to be able to relate to the twists and turns that geocaching takes this novel through. From the ammo can event to karst holes and newbie coords, I've done ALL that, too!

Support a fellow cacher and download this book!!! You won't be sorry!

Dad had some wonderful book signing / discussion events earlier this month in Austin and in Houston. He was at an informal meeting in the DFW area last night (SWAG group) for the same purpose. Dad said there was a good turnout at all the events and he had lots of fun talking about the book with the readers.

Plenty of photos of the events posted here (Austin): http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gallery.asp...4d-af2f49335a81

and here (Houston):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gallery.asp...eb-d1dc93d0164c

I just finished the book in less than two days, reading it on my HTC Hero thanks to the Android Kindle app. I'm pretty sure Kindle has an app for the iPhone as well. And of course, the paperback is available now on Amazon.com and lulu.com. Read about the book in the most recent issue of the FTF Geocacher magazine, and I sure am glad I did because it is a GREAT book! Had a really hard time putting my phone down reading this thing it was so good. Great plot, characters, suspense! I highly recommend it...