Droid & geocaching

For those using the official Geobeagle app, do you find it to be fairly accurate? Can you compare it to any other devices as far as reliability? I think my main concern is the fact the Moto Droid battery drains fairly quickly so could end up not working while looking for a cache that is well hidden. I used my Droid to find my first 4 of 6 caches last week. Usually when my Droid was within 2 or 3 meters, it was right in that area. I had one that actually went to "0 meters" and it was a mag key holder on a guardrail, and it was right there.

For those using the official Geobeagle app, do you find it to be fairly accurate? ...

it doesn't depend on the app, it depends on the GPS chip and the antenna in the phone. different droid phones have different chips and different antennas. YMMV.

I was considering trading in my Storm 2 for a Droid but the reviews on battery life changed my mind. They have a very short battery life which is a trade off for so much power.

Might still make the trade when the official geocaching app comes out. Geonavigator is pretty good but not as good as the iphone app.

Will wait for the reviews to come in.

For those using the official Geobeagle app, do you find it to be fairly accurate? Can you compare it to any other devices as far as reliability?
For the record, GeoBeagle isn't an official app. It respects the Groundspeak TOU, but it isn't official. Anyway...

My experience with the G1 and the Nexus One has been that they are at least as accurate as my old handheld GPS receivers. I haven't compared them with a modern high-sensitivity receiver though.

I think my main concern is the fact the Moto Droid battery drains fairly quickly so could end up not working while looking for a cache that is well hidden.
The GPS antenna in a smartphone uses a lot of power (relatively speaking). It isn't too bad when I'm just stopping to look for a cache or two, but if I'm out for more than a couple hours, I load the coordinates into one of my handheld GPS receivers and use GeoBeagle just for the paperless side of things (access to cache descriptions and logging field notes). And when I am using just GeoBeagle and my Nexus One, I lock the phone (which turns off the GPS antenna) after I reach GZ and read the cache description.