Error saving cache listing

Keith Watson

When i open my listing for editing and save it, I get an error.

Cache is GC28YBD. The error is

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I get the same message! I cant edit an existing cache!

/Matdeta

This bug happens when you select a non-English language and then attempt to edit a cache submitted before the release. Caches submitted after the release do not have the same issue.

We have a dev looking into it now. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Switching back to English does not help. The "damage is done", so to speak.

Edited by OpinioNate

This bug happens when you select a non-English language and then attempt to edit a cache submitted before the release. Caches submitted after the release do not have the same issue.

We have a dev looking into it now. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Switching back to English does not help. The "damage is done", so to speak.

I looked at my account settings and it does say English. I have never changed it to a non-english language.

The cache that is having the problem for me is GC26VPV.

Turns out there is more to it than just the language selection. This explanation is from our dev, David:

The date placed textbox was being populated in the format of MM/dd/yyyy regardless of the user’s settings (Imperial vs Metric). If the user submitted the page without changing the date (if you change the date, the client side code fixed the formatting), parsing the date would throw an exception because it’d see a date like (05/20/2009) and try and parse it with the format of dd/MM/yyyy

We're testing the fix and will move to production with it soon.

Edited by OpinioNate

The date placed textbox was being populated in the format of MM/dd/yyyy regardless of the user’s settings (Imperial vs Metric). If the user submitted the page without changing the date (if you change the date, the client side code fixed the formatting), parsing the date would throw an exception because it’d see a date like (05/20/2009) and try and parse it with the format of dd/MM/yyyy

Does this also mean that everybody who has edited his/her cachepage in the last two days, has also changed the placeddate?

As long as the daynumber is lower than 12 it would be accepted as a monthnumber; effectively switching day and month of placement date. (And reverting it back at the next edit )