Tracking codes for owners

AZcachemeister

As I recall (kinda like 'once upon a time', eh?), trackable owners used to get the tracking number automatically filled in on the logging pages for trackables they own.

Why was this taken away?

If there was a good reason I missed the explanation of, then I apologize.

If it was a GM script I forgot about, the same goes.

With all the recent discussion about the 'My Collection' feature, I began thinking about how I should resume dropping some coins I own into special caches to designate my feeling (and re-enforce my memory) that those caches are special.

The 'My Collection' feature really helps facilitate this idea, but the need to always have (and type in) the tracking code for each such coin dip really makes the practice a P.I.T.A.

Could we please have the tracking number auto-fill for trackable owners once again?

It could be useful indeed, but since tracking number of trackable is shown in each trackables own page simple copy-paste action is quit easy task to do.

Making an appointment with the optometrist for tomorrow. :)

Knowschad likes this. :laughing:

*** You deserved that one, and you know it! :laughing:

As I recall (kinda like 'once upon a time', eh?), trackable owners used to get the tracking number automatically filled in on the logging pages for trackables they own.

Why was this taken away?

If there was a good reason I missed the explanation of, then I apologize.

If it was a GM script I forgot about, the same goes.

i haven't been caching for as long as you have, but the page hasn't been doing that for as long as i remember. either it was removed before i started, or it was indeed a GM script. i know the "gc add waypoint finder" script does that, but it broke with the most recent update (again). (of course there's an updated version now, which works again.)

in any case, +1 for that request.

Edited by dfx

I don't remember such a thing. Sounds like something that could be managed with a script.

I don't remember such a thing. Sounds like something that could be managed with a script.

yeah it could be (and in fact there is a script which does that), but why should it be? or rather, why does it need to be? why not put that feature into the site directly?

I had that exact same dream!

Tried it just now, and I can add a trackable to a cache without typing a code. But to retrieve my own trackable, I need to cut & paste the tracking number. I'd swear that I didn't used to have to do that. Until I read this thread, I thought I simply misremembered. Still do.