HELP I HAVE A PROBLEM

SCOUTER51

I have a major problem but not sure how to correct it. Last night I got a e-mail that I dropped off 2 travel bugs at a cache location. Trouble is I did not drop them off. The cache is a mini cache and they wouldnt even fit in it If I wanted to. I dont know what happened and how 2 of them got listed. I have dropped them in caches before so I know how to drop them off. I did not click on them when loggin this cache. Any one know how I can fix this. I thought of just going to the cache and making a knote that I took them out and have them again. Would that work? Didnt know what else I can do and not sure how this happened.

i had sort of the same thing happen to me, i had to delete my noteand re-find them in the cache i dropped them off in, go em back, and replaced them, you migh want to double check on their logs to make sure it all got straightened out, cause one of mine went missing when i first deleted the log, so i dont reccomend doing this just refind them in the cache, then go back and delete the logs if you want to.

I have a major problem but not sure how to correct it. Last night I got a e-mail that I dropped off 2 travel bugs at a cache location. Trouble is I did not drop them off. The cache is a mini cache and they wouldnt even fit in it If I wanted to. I dont know what happened and how 2 of them got listed. I have dropped them in caches before so I know how to drop them off. I did not click on them when loggin this cache. Any one know how I can fix this. I thought of just going to the cache and making a knote that I took them out and have them again. Would that work? Didnt know what else I can do and not sure how this happened.

If you didn't drop them into that cache, are they still in your possession? Or did you physically drop them into a completely different cache?

If you still have the TBs then you have the tracking numbers and you can correct the error. Just go to the mini cache page where they'll be showing in the Inventory, click on the TB name and do a "Retrieved from whatevercache" log. In the comments box just put something like, "Correcting logging error: The TB did not visit this cache." This will bring the TB back 'into your hands'.

If you physically dropped them into a different cache you can't correct the placement without having the tracking numbers. The best you can do is put a note on one cache page to say, "Sorry, error, the TB's not in this cache..." and a note on the other cache saying "I dropped Whatevername TB into this cache" then email the owner and ask them to correct the placings for you.

MrsB

If you didn't drop them into that cache, are they still in your possession? Or did you physically drop them into a completely different cache?

If you still have the TBs then you have the tracking numbers and you can correct the error. Just go to the mini cache page where they'll be showing in the Inventory, click on the TB name and do a "Retrieved from whatevercache" log. In the comments box just put something like, "Correcting logging error: The TB did not visit this cache." This will bring the TB back 'into your hands'.

If you physically dropped them into a different cache you can't correct the placement without having the tracking numbers. The best you can do is put a note on one cache page to say, "Sorry, error, the TB's not in this cache..." and a note on the other cache saying "I dropped Whatevername TB into this cache" then email the owner and ask them to correct the placings for you.

MrsB

MrsB

Thanks for the information. I do still have them. I found that all 3 of the tracking bugs I had in my file were dropped to this cache. I did not drop them any where. It was a computer glitch. If you drop them some where the computer should ask are you sure you want to do that then errors could be eliminated all though I didnt drop these here. I will reteive them back.

If you drop them some where the computer should ask are you sure you want to do

I disagree. Why create an additional step for something that I have never heard of happening before. It has not been mentioned in these forums that I have ever seen. Since you have them just grab them and the world is right.