When is it appropriate to leave a "Needs Maintenance" icon on a log ?

HOWsMom

When the cache Needs Maintenance. However, I usually realize that a cache isn't "pristine". I'd say if it's wet/damp, I'd probably post a note indicating as much, but once the log book is un-signable, or there's a science experiment growing I'd say "Needs Maintenance". If the log book is full, I'd say "Needs Maintenance" - but if there's back sides of the pages that are unused, I wouldn't.

Destroyed or wrecked container - definitely.

This particular cache was on the last page of it's log in May 2009.

Now, the log is full, both sides of every page, and both covers.

There are pieces of paper, and at a soda bottle wrapper with names and dates on them stuck in with it too.

This particular cache was on the last page of it's log in May 2009.

Now, the log is full, both sides of every page, and both covers.

There are pieces of paper, and at a soda bottle wrapper with names and dates on them stuck in with it too.

Have you thought of emailing the CO about this?

lots of cachers carry maintenance supplies with them, such as spare log books. I do as well, but sometimes, I leave some things in the car and what not. Considering that many people only look at the last five logs for a cache, if that, on their way to finding it, it would be helpful if there is something to remind others to bring these supplies to the cache. So it can be a note, or a recent found log, or the "needs maintenance". I haven't looked at the cache you are talking about but if the last comment was made back in January, it might be good for the owner to refresh their comment/request so it is prominently displayed as the last log and cachers like me will make sure we come prepared.

lots of cachers carry maintenance supplies with them, such as spare log books. I do as well, but sometimes, I leave some things in the car and what not. Considering that many people only look at the last five logs for a cache, if that, on their way to finding it, it would be helpful if there is something to remind others to bring these supplies to the cache. So it can be a note, or a recent found log, or the "needs maintenance". I haven't looked at the cache you are talking about but if the last comment was made back in January, it might be good for the owner to refresh their comment/request so it is prominently displayed as the last log and cachers like me will make sure we come prepared.

Looks to me as though a reviewer has already posted (Mar 24). Doesn't yet appear to be a response from the CO. Oh well, only a matter of time...

Yesterday I started looking for a cache before I read the logs.

Apparently there were 2 DNF's, one was a second attempt and the two previous logs stated a soaked log WITH a picture. I stopped looking, logged the DNF and posted a NM. Lo and behold the CO disabled the cache. Had someone previously done so maybe it would have been either fixed, or not on my GPS as available. So don't be so hesitant folks, sometimes all the CO needs is a little nudge.