We can't find it

Hi,

A year ago we attempted a complicated Lord of The Rings multi cache @ Presque Isle State Park in Erie,Pa due to mosquito's and ticks we had to abandon it for the year and now we can't find the listing on Geocaching.com to attempt to start our search over again. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Thanks in advance

EC :rolleyes:

Hi,

A year ago we attempted a complicated Lord of The Rings multi cache @ Presque Isle State Park in Erie,Pa due to mosquito's and ticks we had to abandon it for the year and now we can't find the listing on Geocaching.com to attempt to start our search over again. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Thanks in advance

If you posted a Note or a DNF on it you can go back through your profile listings and find it.

Sadly, that grand old multicache has been archived. You can find it by searching for GC386C.

Interesting. I didn't know either. I'm about 90 miles away, but never got to it.

The local caretaker posted spoiler pics of all the stages as he removed them. That's pretty cool. And hey, they were all regulars!! Who's idea was it to make legs of multi-caches micros in the woods, anyways?? I know the first multi's in my area all by the same placer in 2002 were all micro legs. Then again, that explains everything. :rolleyes:

Just babbling, sorry you didn't get to finish.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Just this past week, I searched the website for the same cache without success as I hope to pass through Erie this summer.

So many of the longtime multi/series caches disappear before out-of-town visitors get to them, though I understand that maintenance and other issues are factors.

The Bill and Gary Excellent Adventure annual series was another I always wanted to do but never reached. I love theme series caches with an actual storyline, not just a theme title.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Just this past week, I searched the website for the same cache without success as I hope to pass through Erie this summer.

So many of the longtime multi/series caches disappear before out-of-town visitors get to them, though I understand that maintenance and other issues are factors.

The Bill and Gary Excellent Adventure annual series was another I always wanted to do but never reached. I love theme series caches with an actual storyline, not just a theme title.

Come to California - explore lesser known history and geology. ;)