Travel bugs with religious messages?

Jaurora

I found a travel bug, and after taking it, realized that it had an evangelical Christian message attached to it. I don't really feel comfortable passing on this message into the next cache, so I was wondering if it would be appropriate to attach something to the travel bug. I feel that it would be innappropriate to remove the bug owners message, but wasn't sure about whether it would be ok to add another attachment, maybe just with my own religious/spiritual views and inviting others to consider or add a note about their own.

Thoughts? I've looked high and low, but can't find any rules about this anywhere.

Thanks!

I found a travel bug, and after taking it, realized that it had an evangelical Christian message attached to it. I don't really feel comfortable passing on this message into the next cache, so I was wondering if it would be appropriate to attach something to the travel bug. I feel that it would be innappropriate to remove the bug owners message, but wasn't sure about whether it would be ok to add another attachment, maybe just with my own religious/spiritual views and inviting others to consider or add a note about their own.

Thoughts? I've looked high and low, but can't find any rules about this anywhere.

Thanks!

NO - it is not appropriate to alter a TB without asking the bug owner first.

If you don't like the TB, please put it back in the cache you found it in for another person to move. It is not your property and you do not have the right to hold it or alter it in ANY way unless the owner has said it is ok with them.

If the "evangelical Christian message attached to it" was added by somebody other than the owner, maybe, BUT you best had check with the Owner first. Perhaps it was their addition. Perhaps too, they may want any "add-ons" removed.

The TB photo does not show any such message attached to it. First mention of a tract in the logs come up on 03/06/10.

I would contact the owner to see if the attachment is original. If so -- then it stays.

Thanks!

I ask that you think about this ! i like everyone that i meet and or see i dont like tattoos ihate them i dont have one on my body!!and i will never have one.I meet alot of people everyday just because that someone has a tattoos on their body does not give a reson to hate them we are all equal on this earth you/me the other person and the rest of this world we all the equal.just because that you have found something that has

religious,on it you can not change it and i have a TB] if someone did any change's to it i would get up set but on the other hand its only material things.Please understand that we are not up set but also remember the geo creed code

Edited by wilddav

Personally when I find travel bugs attached to religious or political messages I don't agree with I just leave them where they're at so someone who shares those beliefs can pick it up and do it justice because I know I won't be able to. But I would never change that bug so that it makes me more comfortable.

I'm comfortable with my beliefs and comfortable that other people have different beliefs. Live and let live. I left all the religious stuff I found in containers this weekend right there where I found it.

If the "evangelical Christian message attached to it" was added by somebody other than the owner, maybe, BUT you best had check with the Owner first. Perhaps it was their addition. Perhaps too, they may want any "add-ons" removed.

The TB photo does not show any such message attached to it. First mention of a tract in the logs come up on 03/06/10.

I would contact the owner to see if the attachment is original. If so -- then it stays.

Basically I agree with all the responses--or at least parts of all of them--but I think this one is the best. If the message attached is different from the one in the photo, the owner may well appreciate your removing it, but it's definitely best to ask them.