Problem report gets blown off

two bison

A couple of days ago I reported a problem I found having to do with clicking on one cache type in a profile or nearby caches of this type. All I got was "go look at the release notes." Does anyone like the new way of listing all the comments. There isn't an easy way to find the discussion of my issue within all the other discussions. It used to be that you could scroll through all the comments and, often, find comments pertinent to ones own particular issue. Now, you have to click on each and every link as the "first sentence" of each post ... often the quote from before ... is all that one can see. This is not conducive to finding out what's what with any issue.

edited to remove unwarranted grumpiness.

Edited by two bison

what "new way of listing all the comments" you're talking about?

forums look the same to me as they always did, did you switch by mistake to a different forum layout?

a screen shot of what you seeing will help

Your screen display switched to "outline" view, probably because of running a Google search for relevant forum posts. Click on the display options box at the top right of the thread display, and change it back to "Standard" view.

There have been multiple threads and multiple posts within the release notes thread on the issue you noted. Thanks for the additional report. I believe it's fixed now.

Your screen display switched to "outline" view, probably because of running a Google search for relevant forum posts. Click on the display options box at the top right of the thread display, and change it back to "Standard" view.

There have been multiple threads and multiple posts within the release notes thread on the issue you noted. Thanks for the additional report. I believe it's fixed now.

I've run no forum searches as I know of the "short word problem" but the thread display had been changed somehow ... I'm sure I did something untoward.

Thanks for promptly diagnosing my problem. I appreciate the prompt service. That outline view is totally useless.

Now to see if the original issue has been resolved. Thanks again.

And the problem appears to be fixed as well. Grand. Thanks.

I'm thinking it would be best if I stay away from the forums when I'm grumpy.

I'm well aware of how frustrated one can get when things aren't working well. I am happy I was able to help you. That is why I volunteer my time here.

Remember, it's all good. Why don't you go order up one of the new 1000 cache pocket queries, go out and find all 1000 caches, and come back to tell us how fun that was? :D

I'm well aware of how frustrated one can get when things aren't working well. I am happy I was able to help you. That is why I volunteer my time here.

Remember, it's all good. Why don't you go order up one of the new 1000 cache pocket queries, go out and find all 1000 caches, and come back to tell us how fun that was? :D

That's a fine idea. Usually I download a 500 cache pq and then go find about 7 of them. That's why I wonder why folks need 1000 cache queries. I must not be doing something right. :D

Usually I download a 500 cache pq and then go find about 7 of them. That's why I wonder why folks need 1000 cache queries. I must not be doing something right. :)

For me, 500 caches barely covers 12 miles, for others it covers less than 5.

When I'm out and about, my typical work area (and fun and play areas) are well over 12 miles, and definitely well over 5. 500 caches just doesn't cut it.

I've run no forum searches as I know of the "short word problem" but the thread display had been changed somehow ... I'm sure I did something untoward.

It isn't forum searches that cause the forum to revert to the outline view. It is Google searches on forum topics. When Google does its "crawling" to build its database, it does it in outline view. When you click on a Google link that references a forum topic, that link switches you to outline view. The forum software was written by the forum software folks to "remember" which view you used last. Since your last view was in outline mode, the next time you come to the forums, you will still be in outline mode. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Groundspeak. They did not write Google, and they did not write the forum software.

Remember, it's all good. Why don't you go order up one of the new 1000 cache pocket queries, go out and find all 1000 caches, and come back to tell us how fun that was? :)

That's a fine idea. Usually I download a 500 cache pq and then go find about 7 of them. That's why I wonder why folks need 1000 cache queries. I must not be doing something right. :D

Lots of cachers do the exact same thing, do not worry about it.

As odd as this might sound, I have, on more than one occasion, gone out after downloading fewer than 100 caches.

It isn't forum searches that cause the forum to revert to the outline view. It is Google searches on forum topics. When Google does its "crawling" to build its database, it does it in outline view. When you click on a Google link that references a forum topic, that link switches you to outline view. The forum software was written by the forum software folks to "remember" which view you used last. Since your last view was in outline mode, the next time you come to the forums, you will still be in outline mode. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Groundspeak. They did not write Google, and they did not write the forum software.

Interesting. I wonder if it would revert if I was searching for something else on Google. I don't search for topics on the Groundspeak forums. I just troll around looking for something interesting to read.

The most interesting today appears to be the constantly recurring desire to pq archived caches so they can rush out to retrieve the geolitter ... yeah right. I can't help but wonder what the real agenda is.

The most interesting today appears to be the constantly recurring desire to pq archived caches so they can rush out to retrieve the geolitter ... yeah right. I can't help but wonder what the real agenda is.

There's no mystery. They're using GSAK to maintain a large database of caches, but they don't know which caches have been archived, since that data doesn't come through PQs.

There's no mystery. They're using GSAK to maintain a large database of caches, but they don't know which caches have been archived, since that data doesn't come through PQs.

and they don't understand PQ's and have no clue on how to use the GSAK program effectively.