tranquility missing

RedShoesGirl

i realized the other day, one of my tranqulities, i had taken to an event did not make it home to the album. i only took two coins and somehow during the evening i lost track of the black and gold luxury tranq. it is activated, but i am upset that it is missing.

i know it is a slim-to-none chance, but if folks could keep an eye out, that would be awesome!

rsg

This is one reason I put all my coins in an album and take the album. Each coin occupies 2 spaces, one for the coin and one for the tracking number (makes it easier for people to see it and write it down), so I can quickly see if a coin is missing.

This is one reason I put all my coins in an album and take the album. Each coin occupies 2 spaces, one for the coin and one for the tracking number (makes it easier for people to see it and write it down), so I can quickly see if a coin is missing.

well, my lesson learned. i had decided not to take the whole album as i was having problems with coins staying in place. and it seems where i live, coins are not a big deal. go figure. :)

but my few tranquilities are really important to me and to have one go missing is stressful. a little thing in the overall scheme of the universe, but still ...

i contacted one of the organizers of the event but so far no response.

i have this sinking feeling ...

thanks for the sympathies folks!

lara

true that in the overall scheme of things, its not a big issue, but when you think about the cost to replace that geocoin, then it starts to add up. especially when you see "tranquilities" selling for hundreds of dollars online! i also hope that it was simply an honest mistake and that the person who now holds this geocoin will return it to the rightful owner. good luck! :)

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

Oh!!!! :) I am so sorry Lara my friend!!! :anicute:

An other coin lost in an event!!! :ph34r: I do not get it! I do not think there are muggles in events... right?? So?? that's a cacher job??? :)

I lost geocoins in events too! One went to an even but didn't even started travelling and got lost! Of course it was not like the traquility coin which is a fantastic one!!!

It is a shame!!! With things like that you are starting to think not even take your activated coins with you so others can discover them! :D

...and that is not good! :D

I hope my friend that it will show up soon! I know how much you love these coins!

Oh!!!! :rolleyes: I am so sorry Lara my friend!!! :ph34r:

An other coin lost in an event!!! :) I do not get it! I do not think there are muggles in events... right?? So?? that's a cacher job??? :ph34r:

I lost geocoins in events too! One went to an even but didn't even started travelling and got lost! Of course it was not like the traquility coin which is a fantastic one!!!

It is a shame!!! With things like that you are starting to think not even take your activated coins with you so others can discover them! ;)

...and that is not good! :)

I hope my friend that it will show up soon! I know how much you love these coins!

i heard back from the organizer, no tranquility found. i think it is gone. sigh.

thanks everyone,

lara

Edit its page and write STOLLEN! Sometimes it works!!! I have a coin that it was stollen, after some months it was found in a cache without any log etc, then it was stollen again and some weeks ago it was found!!! Ok.. probably it is the David Coperfield's coin.... but....

Do not give up my friend!!! sometimes miracles can happen!! :rolleyes:

Post a note on the event page that your coin is missing and say specifically that it is activated, Mark the coin missing on GC and add Stolen to your title. Like you, I activate the coins I show off in hopes that if someone does take them that they will mess up and drop it in a cache.

Change your coins mission to be return to owner.

I always fear that one of my coins will go missing when I am at an event. I am only taking a couple to Geocoinfest and they will be wearable so will not leave my person.(My Medicine Wheel on a necklace)

well now i feel like a goober! indeed the tranquility page in the geocoin album was not secure and allowed the tranquility to slip out onto the shelf behind the albums. in a place i just know i had already looked. so, not stolen and not really lost by me.

all is well that ends well and the empty hole doesn't sit there and yell "stolen coin!"

lesson learned though, no more coins to events unless they are glued down tight to my arm. (just joking) :-)

thanks so much to everyone for your concern, both here and in emails.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl