WTB gpsmap 60csx (cx)

I'm starting to become an avid geocacher, and i understand the 60csx isn't paperless but i have something for that. And my friend's garmin is something I warmed up to but he wouldn't part with it if his life depended on it. 11 founds and havent used a gps yet. I'm 16 and really want this to become a long term fun hobby.

I'm starting to become an avid geocacher, and i understand the 60csx isn't paperless but i have something for that. And my friend's garmin is something I warmed up to but he wouldn't part with it if his life depended on it. 11 founds and havent used a gps yet. I'm 16 and really want this to become a long term fun hobby.

I have a GPSMAPS 60 CSx for $275 if your interested gyver11@yahoo.com

Larry

You might want to consider the 76CSx also. It is the same GPS in a different shape, plus it floats.

You might want to consider the 76CSx also. It is the same GPS in a different shape, plus it floats.

I just ordered a 76CSX from thegpsstore.com for $259.95 + $4.95 shipping.

The 76 seems to be the better option at the moment.

I'm looking for something with the following:

_+10 battery life

_Uses Batteries

_Compass

_Preferably External Antenna

_ USB / SD input for info

And the rough price im willing to pay for would be around $200-$250

any suggestions?

Edited by MusicalSleep

_+10 battery life

_Uses Batteries

_Compass

any suggestions?

With the high sensitivity receiver in my 76CSx I have never needed the external antenna I purchased for my last generation 76CS.

_+10 battery life

_Uses Batteries

_Compass

any suggestions?

I'm selling my 60CSx, which I've used once, for only $250 with the box and everything that came in it. Let me know if you're interested!

I have a 60CSX and it is paperless on geocaching.com. You just have to install the Garmin Communicator and let geocahing.com recognize it. It is way cool and sends caches to the 60 CSX effortlessly... :)

I have a 60CSX and it is paperless on geocaching.com. You just have to install the Garmin Communicator and let geocahing.com recognize it. It is way cool and sends caches to the 60 CSX effortlessly... :)

The CSX is not a paperless GPS. It does not hold the hint's, the last 5 logs, the "full" cache description, nor enable you to post field notes. The CSX can, via POI, have some of this info added to it but it is not a true paperless GPS.

I also own one and utilize a PDA or my iPhone to store the cache information.

Bass Pro has Garmin 60CXs on sale right now for $199. Use promo code save20a and get $20 more off.