Finding Benchmarks w/o the PID given

willyb87

So, I'm trying to do the "benchmarking: springfield" cache but I'm having trouble even getting started. I've been doing research on benchmarks but I can't seem to figure out how one would be able to find a benchmark when the PID number is not provided. This may be a really dumb question but any help would be awesome!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...5b-e13bc3729536

there is the link the the geocache and the pictures of the discs are provided.

So, I'm trying to do the "benchmarking: springfield" cache but I'm having trouble even getting started. I've been doing research on benchmarks but I can't seem to figure out how one would be able to find a benchmark when the PID number is not provided. This may be a really dumb question but any help would be awesome!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...5b-e13bc3729536

there is the link the the geocache and the pictures of the discs are provided.

Search it by zip code, then scroll through the descriptions. I found the second one, K 5 Reset on the fourth page.

Excellent answer, Patty. There are some interesting challenges built into this cache (such as using a station with SCALED coordinates which are 300 feet off). However, giving the PIDs might have been a better introduction to benchmark hunting.

-Paul-

Try the easy way first.... go here and put the "designation" in the appropriate box and select the state (don't forget to click on the designation button) and then click "find benchmarks".

The designation is what is stamped on the disk as in "SEMINOLE" or "N 343" etc. This will bring up a list of benchmarks with those names in the state you selected. You can then click on each one to see if it is in the correct area for the cache.

Have fun.

John