Themed caches

So just a quick question here. I started placeing my own caches out there and have used a music theme on every one. Its usually a song title for cache name and in the description its the history or facts about said song or group. My nickname is also "muney4nuthin" to go along with this. Recently a new cacher in the area started using song titles for his caches, not all of his but most so far. Im for everyone putting their own caches out there but I feel kind of cheated or ripped off. I was the only one in the area doing a "themed cache" till now. Should I say something or am I just being dumb here?

So just a quick question here. I started placeing my own caches out there and have used a music theme on every one. Its usually a song title for cache name and in the description its the history or facts about said song or group. My nickname is also "muney4nuthin" to go along with this. Recently a new cacher in the area started using song titles for his caches, not all of his but most so far. Im for everyone putting their own caches out there but I feel kind of cheated or ripped off. I was the only one in the area doing a "themed cache" till now. Should I say something or am I just being dumb here?
Music-themed caches precede you by years. One series that comes to mind in my area is King Boreas' "Hot Wax:" series. In the end, the cache name and cache page is not where you are going to make or break your reputation anyway. The actual hide is what will do that for you. Good luck!

Imitation is the sincerest of flattery. I wouldn't sweat it.

Hammer on the nail,

I placed a hide out in a swampy area (not themed, but in a place I thought nobody would hide a cache) ,(GC245W4) and each person that went out there to find mine, hid one of their own. I thought it was great.

I love themed series, one just came out just today, Disney characters, find all six out in the woods, and get the bonus. GC25ZKJ

Now I have to set my alarm clock for 4am and bike out and get the remaining 3 and the bonus. So I can get FTF on the bonus cache. : )

Edited by moparots

Imitation is the sincerest of flattery. I wouldn't sweat it.

Hammer on the nail,

I placed a hide out in a swampy area (not themed, but in a place I thought nobody would hide a cache) ,(GC245W4) and each person that went out there to find mine, hid one of their own. I thought it was great.

That happened in my area as well. I had found a micro in the woods on state forest land and knew that the CO was going to be leaving the area soon and the cache might be archived so when I saw an interesting spot on the way back to my vehicle I got a container from my car and went back and hid one. The next person to find it hide one nearby after finding my cache and called it "Chain Reaction". There were 3-4 more caches placed by a couple of others that continued the chain. As a result there are now 6 or so caches in a really nice area that has lots of hiking trails.

Themed caches are great whether they are a full series of caches that tell a story or just one or two regulars.

I have a series out right now that are themed based on a different series I had. Check out the Bookmark here.

As for some regular type of themed caches, I have 2 but if anyone would want to copy them I would only ask that you send me a notice so I could watch them and keep the title the same, just change the location in the title.. ;)GC219T9 & GC234AC. I'm more than happy to see others start popping up since most that have found these 2 think they are hysterical. ;)

Odie

Edited by Odie442

Don't say anything about it to the new cacher. Being new, they may not have any idea that you've already been doing music themed caches. But, as has been said, you don't have exclusive rights to any themes anyways. Anybody can hide any kind of cache they want. I can understand it bothering you, but...don't let it bother you. ;)

And another thing...Mark Knopfler wants his nickname back. ;)