NEPAG website

edscott

Some body didn't pay the bill for the domain name and it expired.

gooogle nepag to see.

Yup, that's the standard "domain name expired" web page. You know how many times I've seen that girl? :)

I remember when NEPAG was started, it was by a total newb, who then didn't go on to be too active of a Geocacher. Did he still own the name, or was it passed on to someone? Can't remember his user name for the life of me.

Actually, folks, the aforementioned "someone" CHANGED THE PASSWORDS for the domain name without letting any of the other admins in on it, so the domain name was not ABLE to be renewed. However, we now have a new domain name, and are having some tech guys check over the site for problems and we will be online soon with all of our old content preserved. We'll be sending out a mass emailing to all registered users as well as posting here when the site is available for use again.

We're glad our 10th Anniversary Lost and Found event was so successful despite the problems with the site, and on behalf of all the NEPAG admins, I'd like to thank all of our members for expressing their eagerness to help in any way to get our site online again. Hopefully, it will be only a short wait until things are back to normal.

7eb49914-6b60-4282-852e-a1718e3cab21.jpg

Actually, folks, the aforementioned "someone" CHANGED THE PASSWORDS for the domain name without letting any of the other admins in on it, so the domain name was not ABLE to be renewed. However, we now have a new domain name, and are having some tech guys check over the site for problems and we will be online soon with all of our old content preserved. We'll be sending out a mass emailing to all registered users as well as posting here when the site is available for use again.

We're glad our 10th Anniversary Lost and Found event was so successful despite the problems with the site, and on behalf of all the NEPAG admins, I'd like to thank all of our members for expressing their eagerness to help in any way to get our site online again. Hopefully, it will be only a short wait until things are back to normal.

7eb49914-6b60-4282-852e-a1718e3cab21.jpg

We are just so happy it will return - there is a big gap for us now in keeping up with our pals!

This tells you how I've been "out of it" when it comes to forums lately (including this one, I think this is my first post in about 2 months or so), didn't realize the NEPAG site was "gone" temporarily (though part of it is I haven't been to the region, let alone caching in it, for awhile). Thanks for the updates!

That is correct folks, "someone" didn't pay for the old address (for various reasons) and we're now at a new and better address... www.nepageocachers.com! Years ago we wanted the .com address and couldn't afford it. When it finally became available we grabbed it, but by then no longer had the technical support we needed to make it happen. With more than a bit of persistance and many, many long hours of recoding by hand plus a big piece of help from the geocommunity (primarily geocoinstore.com folks) we are finally back online!

Join us again as we have new administration, a new address and a revived commitment to our northeastern PA geocaching community. :lol: