oregon 450--- good buy?

gobogey

the million dollar question..... I am getting a GPS and I am looking at a 450, anybody out there regrets getting one??? any problems?????

I am going to add the city navigator and get a bike mount for it.

thanks

brad

Edited by gobogey

the million dollar question..... I am getting a GPS and am at a 450, anybody out there regrets getting one??? any problems?????

thanks

brad

That's exactly the setup I'd get (will get for my next GPSr) Add the free topos from GPSfiledepot.com and you'll be all set!

the million dollar question..... I am getting a GPS and am at a 450, anybody out there regrets getting one??? any problems?????

thanks

brad

It is a good unit but I sent mine back. I had a hard time seeing it while driving. I will keep my Dakota 20. If you buy a bike mount check out GPScity and the Ram mounts they are very good.

An auto power adapter and anti-glare screen protector took care of that for me. I upgraded from a Colorado to the Oregon 450 a few weeks back, couldn't be happier. A real joy to cache with, Works great on my 4 wheeler too.

Edited by Styk

An auto power adapter and anti-glare screen protector took care of that for me. I upgraded from a Colorado to the Oregon 450 a few weeks back, couldn't be happier. A real joy to cache with, Works great on my 4 wheeler too.

anti-glare screen protector

Which one and where did you get it?

Thanks

I have a Dakota 20 & Oregon 450. Previously a Colorado was in the mix. Colorado very good and lot of nice features. But the scroll wheel was a pain compared to the touch screen on the 20/450. 450 better screen resolution and seems brighter and easier to read in marginal light conditions. But either the 20 or 450 would make a nice unit(s) to have.