Premium caches

Hello, BrandonTidd Checking in.

You know what....As a Premium member, I will NEVER post a premium members only cache. EVERYONE should be allowed to take part in Geocaching to it's full extent even if they are in a financial hard time.... I would hope that they would turn to Gecaching as an inexpensive hobby, compared to a lot of others out there..... But if you guys want to deny people because they don't have the extra money...or they simply don't want to spend the 30$ for a website because they have other things to spend money on. That's up to you. But remember Geocaching started out for free...and it should remain that way.....If you choose to support the website and it's community, more pwer to you! You are helping to make the website stronger and get a bigger community. But you have to remember the community in all this! In a time of financial hardship, Should we be teling people NO! You cannot do this because you didn't put 30$ in the pool?

I guess I just am more fcused on the enjoyment of the sport than being crazy about not letting non premiums touch my caches!

Sometimes I wish I could make a basic member only cache, and see how you like it....

So sad to see individuals contradict themselves within one post.

This could be fun.....I'll bite....Especially as a lit. major. Show me, oh wise one, where my contradiction was.

Please, don't give me a rambling 10 paragraph speech explaining how mars and venus are aligned on the moon in may next year so I couldn't possibly believe that I hate the idea of PM caches...

A statement of enjoyment then a statement that shows dejection.

That might be tough to grasp so I'll point out a different contradiction.

The only way GS could prevent most Premium Members from getting a Basic member account is by charging for a basic account and requiring no two accounts to use the same CC number, billing address or paypal account.

There by negating your "Geocaching started out for free...and it should remain that way"

------------------------

Then we have the simple fact that any CO that deletes a legit BM log simply because it was on a PMOC, is wrong.

Spaz all ya want, it doesn't change facts.

Almost everyone who has any time in the forum knows that they cant delete unless there is a lack of signature.

Most of those that don't come to the forum end up learning by way of reinstatement that they can't delete them.

Those that don't learn, end up getting them selves in trouble with TPTB.

As for your dejected statement, I wish that you could make one too and I lived near you so that you would find out that the simple truths would hold in both directions. Just because a PM would have to work a little harder to find a BMOC doesn't mean they are being denied access to it or the smiley provided as currently holds with BM finding PMOC.

Your post did not reply to his question whatsoever. :ph34r:

Edited by brslk

Hello, BrandonTidd Checking in.

You know what....As a Premium member, I will NEVER post a premium members only cache. EVERYONE should be allowed to take part in Geocaching to it's full extent even if they are in a financial hard time.... I would hope that they would turn to Gecaching as an inexpensive hobby, compared to a lot of others out there..... But if you guys want to deny people because they don't have the extra money...or they simply don't want to spend the 30$ for a website because they have other things to spend money on. That's up to you. But remember Geocaching started out for free...and it should remain that way.....If you choose to support the website and it's community, more pwer to you! You are helping to make the website stronger and get a bigger community. But you have to remember the community in all this! In a time of financial hardship, Should we be teling people NO! You cannot do this because you didn't put 30$ in the pool?

I guess I just am more fcused on the enjoyment of the sport than being crazy about not letting non premiums touch my caches!

Sometimes I wish I could make a basic member only cache, and see how you like it....

So sad to see individuals contradict themselves within one post.

This could be fun.....I'll bite....Especially as a lit. major. Show me, oh wise one, where my contradiction was.

Please, don't give me a rambling 10 paragraph speech explaining how mars and venus are aligned on the moon in may next year so I couldn't possibly believe that I hate the idea of PM caches...

A statement of enjoyment then a statement that shows dejection.

That might be tough to grasp so I'll point out a different contradiction.

The only way GS could prevent most Premium Members from getting a Basic member account is by charging for a basic account and requiring no two accounts to use the same CC number, billing address or paypal account.

There by negating your "Geocaching started out for free...and it should remain that way"

------------------------

Then we have the simple fact that any CO that deletes a legit BM log simply because it was on a PMOC, is wrong.

Spaz all ya want, it doesn't change facts.

Almost everyone who has any time in the forum knows that they cant delete unless there is a lack of signature.

Most of those that don't come to the forum end up learning by way of reinstatement that they can't delete them.

Those that don't learn, end up getting them selves in trouble with TPTB.

As for your dejected statement, I wish that you could make one too and I lived near you so that you would find out that the simple truths would hold in both directions. Just because a PM would have to work a little harder to find a BMOC doesn't mean they are being denied access to it or the smiley provided as currently holds with BM finding PMOC.

Your post did not reply to his question whatsoever. :ph34r:

Only when you refuse to see two things.

1. I never said his contradiction had a thing to do with feelings towards PMOCs.

2. I did point out contradictions.

A word to the wise, never try to read between my lines unless I am using emoticons.

~~~edit to add~~~

I can just as easily not comply with a request that assumes I said something I did not, as one can pose said assumption to distract from fact.

Edited by Vater_Araignee

I'm a PM and I've never seen a reason to make any of my caches PMO. I really don't get why others decide to make their caches PMO. Quite frankly, it's a worthless 'feature'.

I'm glad stanoli got his log reinstated. He deserves it and had every right to ask that it to be reinstated. It was a valid log and the PM CO had no right to delete it.

If I ever make any of my caches PMO (which I won't), I would be more than happy to have BM's find it and log it online. I would even make it unPMO for a little bit so they could log it if they didn't know about the backdoor method. Maybe I'm weird, but I like it when people find my caches and log them.

And Geobain's disclaimers are hilarious. :ph34r:

Check out my earlier post ihorn. GS have reinstated my logs and confirmed that anyone can find and log PMO caches.

Actually, I missed that part!! It wasn't clear to me from your post #71 that it was actually re-instated.

Congratulations. And I told you so. :ph34r:

Sorry Urkel at post #71 they hadn't put them back, but they did soon after.

You were one of the 'all' I thanked in the parallel thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...47717&st=50

Whoa! What happened to this thread? By the way, a guy in Germany did in fact make a "non-members" cache about 3-4 years ago, and really did delete the logs of premium members who found it. Of course that's considered an ALR now, and I'm sure is long gone.

Let me ask you this, Stanolli. Your orignal logs that were deleted. Did you go out of your way to mention in your cache log that you were a basic member using the back door logging method on these caches? Or did the CO actually look at your profile, determine you were not a premium member, and delete the logs just because?

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

FYI to those who question why a PM would make a cache PMO... I have 2 caches I have made temporarily PMO after they got filched twice.

I make them PMO maybe for the first couple of logs or so, then I remake them free once I am sure any cache maggots who may be browsing the site have moved on.

I believe this should really be the only circumstance that you make your cache PMO - I don't believe in this "rewarding premium members" nonsense.

Let me ask you this, Stanolli. Your orignal logs that were deleted. Did you go out of your way to mention in your cache log that you were a basic member using the back door logging method on these caches? Or did the CO actually look at your profile, determine you were not a premium member, and delete the logs just because?

I was very honest in my logs explaining I had done one with a PM and the other I had found with local knowledge from the cache name alone (although now I know about triangulation).

He may not have noticed I was a BM if I had not mentioning it, but I have done many of this guy's caches and I am sure he would have realised.

Also I was FTF although others had found it by the time I knew how to log it. I couldn't read these so I didn't claim the FTF in case a PM had already done so. Maybe he would not have looked at my log after it had been found a few times.

I was very honest in my logs explaining I had done one with a PM and the other I had found with local knowledge from the cache name alone (although now I know about triangulation).

He may not have noticed I was a BM if I had not mentioning it, but I have done many of this guy's caches and I am sure he would have realised.

Also I was FTF although others had found it by the time I knew how to log it. I couldn't read these so I didn't claim the FTF in case a PM had already done so. Maybe he would not have looked at my log after it had been found a few times.

My advice: Don't mention the non-primium member issue in the log. It is realy irrelevent, and can only create some drama. The CO is unlikely to notice.

As for FTF, if you were the first to find the cache, you are the FTF. Edit your log to say "FTF, Yah" or something (if you would have done that in a BM cache).

so really... this all boils down to a fight over a smiley...

interesting.... both sides really.

I don't know about you, but I sometimes write very long logs... it's part of our caching experience and it's a unique story - even the DNFs. I sometimes take up to half an hour to write a log. It's certainly not just about the smiley for me - if someone deleted a find after I spent time and effort in not only finding it but logging it with more than just a few words - I'd be slightly peeved. :anicute:

First I will stress again there was no fight. I believe this was a simple misunderstanding and the CO thought he was justified in removing the log, but GS did not agree.

Secondly I was not looking to score points as a BM verses a PM, but just like Teamfitz, I like the log to tell the story. I need this to jog my failing memory when looking back a few months (or sometime days) later.

:D Did you actually read the thread?

yeah... and at the end of the day, someone pours their heart and soul into a text box on the screen.... gets a smiley. the owner deletes it, and someone cries.

yeah... and at the end of the day, someone pours their heart and soul into a text box on the screen.... gets a smiley. the owner deletes it, and someone cries.

Did you also read the guidelines?

For someone who likes to keep a detailed track of their statistics (i.e. smileys), is vested in the boy scouts, cares enough to log images in their gallery you sure are trolling hard.

Of course if you're not trolling then I hope you never put a cache out... if someone was to log NM you'd probably just ignore it - you come across like you don't particularly care for geocaching at all. Seems like your forum posts are longer than the last few logs you left on caches you found.

If I ever make any of my caches PMO (which I won't), I would be more than happy to have BM's find it and log it online. I would even make it unPMO for a little bit so they could log it if they didn't know about the backdoor method. Maybe I'm weird, but I like it when people find my caches and log them.

I actually had that happen! CO changed it to PM while we were looking for it. He made in non-PM from 11:30 to midnight so we could log it! Now that I'm PM, and cache with a non-PM, I know the back door, and have never had anyone complain about my caching partner logging the cache too.

For someone who likes to keep a detailed track of their statistics (i.e. smileys), is vested in the boy scouts, cares enough to log images in their gallery you sure are trolling hard.

Of course if you're not trolling then I hope you never put a cache out... if someone was to log NM you'd probably just ignore it - you come across like you don't particularly care for geocaching at all. Seems like your forum posts are longer than the last few logs you left on caches you found.

cyberstalk someone else will ya?

when i put a cache out and get an NM on it, i'll come on here and whine...like so many others tend to do :laughing: