Anything Good near Blairstown NJ?

mileznmilez

There are a significant number of caches on the Paulinskill Rail Trail, which can be accessed from the Footbridge Park in the center of Blairstown, lots of parking. The only thing that you might find not to your liking is the surface will probably be very muddy for biking at this time of year. Our rail trails tend to be a little soft, no crushed limestone or packed cinder. Sorry.

Thanks I will look for that! We're just as happy on foot as on two wheels.

There are a significant number of caches on the Paulinskill Rail Trail, which can be accessed from the Footbridge Park in the center of Blairstown, lots of parking. The only thing that you might find not to your liking is the surface will probably be very muddy for biking at this time of year. Our rail trails tend to be a little soft, no crushed limestone or packed cinder. Sorry.

If you're near Blairstown proper and you have some time, have a look at In Search of Jason Voorhees. It's a wonderful and absorbing multi, especially if you've seen the movie 'Friday The 13th'.

Thanks for the shout out to In Search of Jason Voorhees. Unfortunatly, I had disable this one due to someone damaging stage 3. If you did the cache, you know which stage that was..... Hopefully It'll be up in a short time.

As a local Blairstown cacher, I can say anything by Trailhound is worth doing. Specifically his "pour me a cold one" (GCV8GK) and "amazed" (GSV32E) are clever and take you too a truly amazing place.

His Alcatraz cache (GCMTZ4) takes a bit of time, but has a great theme and is one of the best caches in the state.

Happy Caching,

CS&C

Wish I saw this post earlier :anicute: Just finished the NJ Section of the AT from Route 17A (NY) to Route 80 (PA) over the course of 6 days. Quite an experience and I am sure I passed many caches. However, given that it rained 3/6 days, I probably would have forgone the caching anyways. Hope you enjoyed the trip!