Oldest Geocache/First ever cache

Ok, this has been bugging me for while now* and I guess this thread is as good as any to type it out loud: I'm kinda bummed that Oregon is where geocaching was invented, but now the geocaching HQ is in Seattle. Seattle always gets all the fun. :lol: Portland is hip! Portland is with-it! B):D

*"Bugging" might be too strong a word. It's not like I'm loosing sleep or anything

Does anyone know what the GC number is for the first cache placed? Looking at Oregon the oldest I see is GC12, but that was placed on 5-12-00 nine days later. I am guessing that it is archived and I will need some help figuring it out.

Original Stash Tribute Plaque Cache

Don't leave any TBs there. It's well known by muggles and the TBs will be gone in a flash. Have fun!

Thats the 2003 replacement cache at the original site, but not the original cache.

Does anyone know what the GC number is for the first cache placed? Looking at Oregon the oldest I see is GC12, but that was placed on 5-12-00 nine days later. I am guessing that it is archived and I will need some help figuring it out.

Original Stash Tribute Plaque Cache

Don't leave any TBs there. It's well known by muggles and the TBs will be gone in a flash. Have fun!

Thats the 2003 replacement cache at the original site, but not the original cache.

Yes I suppose that it true. It didn't occur to me that he was thinking that THE ORIGINAL 5 gallon bucket with a GC# of 001 would still exist. I'm afraid that the 2003 replacement is as close as we can get now.

Ok, this has been bugging me for while now* and I guess this thread is as good as any to type it out loud: I'm kinda bummed that Oregon is where geocaching was invented, but now the geocaching HQ is in Seattle. Seattle always gets all the fun. :blink: Portland is hip! Portland is with-it! :anibad:;)

*"Bugging" might be too strong a word. It's not like I'm loosing sleep or anything

Well, if Portland were cutting edge, then someone there would have had the bright idea to turn geocaching into the website that we have now.