warning when showing geocache details

Lyra&Vurt

when i open the details of a geocache there´s always the following warning shown:

Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

but when i click the "our disclaimer" link, there is only the disclaimer text and no way of agreeing to it.

when i open the details of a geocache there´s always the following warning shown:

Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

but when i click the "our disclaimer" link, there is only the disclaimer text and no way of agreeing to it.

You already agreed to it when you signed up for the site, here.

ha ha ha :anibad:

no seriously ... i wouldn´t have opened that thread if this warning wouldn´t annoy me.

it´s on every printout, and it´s not nice. and i´m already a member.

so if anyone has got something needful to say ...

Sorry, I thought that you realized Keehotee had already said all that really matters. You have already agreed to their disclaimer. Don't think any more of it. Its just there because of lawyers.

i also thought i'd have to click on some button to make it go away at first, but it's still here after a couple of years, even as premium member :anibad:

you learn to ignore it. personally i'd also welcome something to make it go away, but w/e.

3.1. Agreeing to the Terms and Conditions Disclaimer

The disclaimer that appears on cache pages will still appear even after you've agreed to Terms and Conditions. You likely already agreed to the Terms and Conditions when you signed up for your account. The following message is just a warning to remind you that you've agreed to the Terms and Conditions:

If you haven’t agreed to the disclaimer, you will be prompted to do so when you click on the ‘in our disclaimer’ link. Otherwise, you shouldn't need to do anything else to use the website.

http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?....page&id=55

ha ha ha :D

no seriously ... i wouldn´t have opened that thread if this warning wouldn´t annoy me.

Yes, you can avoid the disclaimer and other useless stuff by installing GC1NOAD. I'm sure there are more Greasemonkey AddOns around doing the same job.

GermanSailor

If you want it to go away - it won't.

So, will it go away if we don't want it to, then?

B)

Ok - lets all concentrate real hard and see what happens.......

:D

I have been concentrating all morning...and I still don't have any orange juice...

(I know...I know...I can already hear the groans on that one...)

You know I can only say Thanks to you Lyra&Vurt, cause I went and opened a page to see if it was there. I have not realie noticed it before. Maybe I should look at thinks more clearly.

ha ha ha :anibad:

Sorry, I thought that you realized Keehotee had already said all that really matters. You have already agreed to their disclaimer. Don't think any more of it. Its just there because of lawyers.

Thanks for doing the needful. ;)

i also thought i'd have to click on some button to make it go away at first, but it's still here after a couple of years, even as premium member :anibad:

you learn to ignore it. personally i'd also welcome something to make it go away, but w/e.

This is true. I was reading this thread, and saying to myself, "what warning?". I had to go check out a cache page to see for myself. Sure 'nuf, there it is. I've tuned it out for so long, that I don't see in anymore. ;)

The disclaimer can be removed with a one-line greasemonkey script

I have GM removing it for such a long time, I'd forgotten about it until January's site update broke it.

I have a script that does a little cleanup of the cache display page. It removes some white space, and gets rid of the disclaimer and ROT13 key. It's really simple, so if anyone wants to learn a little about GreaseMonkey it might be easier to start with that than with Prime Suspect or Lil Devil's scripts.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/66749

Lil Devil also have a script that, among many other things, remove the disclaimer.

http://www.lildevil.org/greasemonkey/bag-o-tricks

Edited by Chrysalides