Hiding a New Cache Series

Hi All

I have been working on a series of caches for a while now and am nearly ready to hide. Can I contact my local reviewer first and give them a list of proposed co-ordinates to save time? The circular walk I am planning to place has no caches but I know that does not mean there is not any there.

If someone could mail me the email address for the Coventry area I would be very grateful.

Munchime

Hi All

I have been working on a series of caches for a while now and am nearly ready to hide. Can I contact my local reviewer first and give them a list of proposed co-ordinates to save time? The circular walk I am planning to place has no caches but I know that does not mean there is not any there.

If someone could mail me the email address for the Coventry area I would be very grateful.

Munchime

look at the 5 nearest caches around you, check names of reviewers that published it, mail one of those?

Edited by Ryuchan

The reviewers are volunteers, usually with real jobs so emailing a long list of coordintes for them to check may not be appreciated :). The onus on checking a location for suitability when placing a cache really rests with the cache owner. It may save you time but will give them rather more work.

If you go to the search option on the home page you can enter each of your coordinates in and it will show you the nearby caches. Of course it won't show you the hidden locations of multi/mystery stages or final caches but the only way to find out where they are is to do the caches themselves :blink:

If you want to know who the local reviewer is then look at at a recently published cache and that should give you the name on the published log.

Chris (MrB)

You could create dummy cache pages with just the coordinates of the hides and any Additional Waypoints for physical stages if necessary. Then activate the cache but place an obvious note on the cache that you just want them checked for proximity and they are not to be published just yet. If you speak nicely to your reviewer they should check them out for you and then disable to give you time to prepare the page properly and site the cache.

:)

from what a reviewer once told me, they can't just check any coordinates you give them - they need a cache listing to check. so make the cache listing(s), put the coords in (you can leave the rest of the fields pretty much blank for now) and send the link(s) to the cache listings to a reviewer. you DON'T need to "activate" the listing(s) in order to have a reviewer check them, and make sure you point out that you only want the listings to be checked and NOT published yet.

Another thing to note - your "local" reviewer may not be quite as "local" as you might think :) Having checked the published caches in my area, the 2 reviewers for them were from a good way afield - 1 from Scotland, 1 from Wales, and I'm in South Yorkshire :)

In this respect, the more detail and local info you provide the reviewer, the more they'll be able to help you :blink:

from what a reviewer once told me, they can't just check any coordinates you give them - they need a cache listing to check. so make the cache listing(s), put the coords in (you can leave the rest of the fields pretty much blank for now) and send the link(s) to the cache listings to a reviewer. you DON'T need to "activate" the listing(s) in order to have a reviewer check them, and make sure you point out that you only want the listings to be checked and NOT published yet.

Wish I'd said that :D

Another thing to note - your "local" reviewer may not be quite as "local" as you might think :( Having checked the published caches in my area, the 2 reviewers for them were from a good way afield - 1 from Scotland, 1 from Wales, and I'm in South Yorkshire ;)

:D One of our secret reviewing tools - teleportation :(

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk