Appeal Process

Does anyone know where the description of the appeal process is on geocaching.com? One of my comments was deleted by a cache owner and I would like to appeal. I understand there is a process available but I couldn't find any info on geocaching.com

Thanks,

mlittle74

For a deleted log - just write an email to your local reviewer.

or

Just re-log the cache with an edit that will appease the cache owner.

You could try the local Volunteer Reviewer, but I kind of doubt they would get involved, since their mandate is restricted, for the most part, to Guideline and Terms of Use issues.

As I stated in your duplicate thread, contact@geocaching.com, would be the most likely stop on your saga, which is the email address for general inquiries. I suspect they will tell you that some excellent advice was offered in your other Thread, and which StarBrand mentions after the "or" :)

Appeals is appeals@geocaching.com Tell them which cache and the log date(s).

I think you included a spoiler in your log. I'll send you an e-mail with what I saw.

I believe the appeals addr is to appeal reviewer rulings. I think The contact@geocaching.com is the correct one to use in this instance.

Actually the first appeal should be to the CO to find out why he had an issue with the log. If he allows a relog with removal of the offending part then there is no need to escalate it to Groundspeak.

Appeals is appeals@geocaching.com Tell them which cache and the log date(s).

I think you included a spoiler in your log. I'll send you an e-mail with what I saw.

I believe the appeals addr is to appeal reviewer rulings. I think The contact@geocaching.com is the correct one to use in this instance.

Actually the first appeal should be to the CO to find out why he had an issue with the log. If he allows a relog with removal of the offending part then there is no need to escalate it to Groundspeak.

Yes - the contact address appears correct to me - the guidelines don't address a deleted log in the appeals section (now that I went back and reviewed it again). I know at least 1 reviewer that did un-delete a log but that was a long time ago.

To keep the peace - sometimes it is just best to do a little editing.

Never had a log deleted. Isn't it customary for the CO to PM the finder with a the reason for deletion? I once logged a "may have found". the container was PVC and i didn't have the proper tools to open it. Logged a found it and asked in the log that the CO review and delete my log if in fact I hadn't found it. Got a nice note back from the CO that I had found a red herring and that I should adjust my log, as the CO "consideret it rude to delete someone else's log"

Steps to take when you feel your log has been wrongfully deleted:

1. Contact the cache owner and politely ask why your log was deleted. Log the cache again after removing the content they objected to.

2. If your log is deleted again, log once more with an extremely simple log - "TFTC." is the most common. If possible, upload a picture of your signature in the log book.

3. If even your "TFTC" log is deleted and you did in fact sign the logbook, write to contact@Groundspeak.com

4. Put the cache owner on your ignore list!