Cache submission window for HTML is very small

Geldhart

When submitting caches that use a lot of HTML I find the window is very small. For basic HTML it works ok, but when I get a bit more ambitious on a cache listing it becomes very difficult to see what I'm doing with only 1/3 of the screen width being used.

It would be nice if they could free up on the white space on the right at the very least. Increasing the height would be good as well (or allow us to change the size of this window).

Yes, I will write the initial page in HTML elsewhere - but I find I always need to do a bit of tidying up so make the cache listing look right, and the small entry screen interferes with that process.

Or is it just me?

It's not just you. I'd love to see much less white space on that form, a bigger entry box for the long description. It is smaller now than it was before a recent site update, and it was too small before! so now it's smaller still....

Your "less white space" request is going to generate some LOL responses - this because of a recent change to the look of pages on GC.com that got largely rolled back, for among other things, too much white space.

There is Greasemonkey script (by Prime Suspect i think) that does allow you to resize the log entry box. I've got it sized such that the "submit" button is above the scroll line. Wonderful. It doesn't work on the cache submit form....

There is Greasemonkey script (by Prime Suspect i think) that does allow you to resize the log entry box. I've got it sized such that the "submit" button is above the scroll line. Wonderful. It doesn't work on the cache submit form....

This script of mine works on all text entry boxes site-wide.

Oh boy, am I glad I posted, and you responded, Lil Devil, many thanks, once again for all the scripts. I don't know how I missed that one.

Whoot. Heck, I need to hide a new cache just to test the 98% of width text entry box.

This script of mine works on all text entry boxes site-wide.

Oh boy, am I glad I posted, and you responded, Lil Devil, many thanks, once again for all the scripts. I don't know how I missed that one.

Whoot. Heck, I need to hide a new cache just to test the 98% of width text entry box.

Resizeable Textarea Firefox Add-On. Works anywhere, not just gc.com. Just grab a corner and resize it however you want.

An even better solution: Xina Here! Gives you a resizeable WYSIWYG HTML editor, anywhere there's a textarea box.