Has anybody used this cache rating web site?

Douce Us 5

If you have how accurate do you think it is?

I used it on both of my caches, and it's very handy. I adjusted the ratings slightly. When you fill it out, you'll get a summary. One of mine had "wheelchair accessible" in the summary, and since the cache is down a rough gravel trail, I added another star to the suggested terrain rating.

So fill it out, and you may want to make minor changes accordingly.

Based on cache logs, you may decide to change it again sometime. If you get a lot of DNFs, add a star or two to the difficulty -- that sort of thing.

Edited by kunarion

If you have how accurate do you think it is?

I used it on both of my caches, and it's very handy. I adjusted the ratings slightly. When you fill it out, you'll get a summary. One of mine had "wheelchair accessible" in the summary, and since the cache is down a rough gravel trail, I added another star to the suggested terrain rating.

So fill it out, and you may want to make minor changes accordingly.

Based on cache logs, you may decide to change it again sometime. If you get a lot of DNFs, add a star or two to the difficulty -- that sort of thing.

I think the Clay Jar system often rates the terrain a half star.. maybe more.. too high in terrain, but it is good to get a starting point especially for your first few hides.

It's the site linked to on the cache submission page so it should be what everyone uses.

However, I find that when I use the rating program, it spits out terrain ratings that are about 1/2 to 1 star higher than the accompanying definitions. So I use the terrain rating with a grain of salt and usually wind up adjusting it downward to match the definitions. For difficulty it's accurate, though the term "average geocacher" is subjective.