removing coins from trackables list

RedShoesGirl

when i sold my collection last year, many of the coins were activated - and marked as such. a bunch of them were never adopted over to the new owner. i had asked folks to contact me after they got the coins so we could do the adoption thing.

well, a bunch never did. so i have coins that are listed as mine, but they are not mine.

how do i get those coins off my geocaching trackables list?

thanks!

lara

Do you know who was supposed to have received them? You still can send them an adoption request. Perhaps they'll accept.

no, that is the problem. i only knew a couple of folks, but they just ignored the adopt request. the ebay records don't go back that far. maybe the paypal account would have the info?

lara

Paypal records go quite far back. You should be able to find the names.

The best way is to look in your Paypal and run reports from there IMO. Ebay removes the auction information after 90 days. Although you can still find it by doing some digging. Paypal has several reports you can run to find payments made on certain dates and then the items sold on those transactions. The Paypal email address for those people is also displayed.

I suppose you could adopt them over to my TeamX40 account. I just use that one for things like travel bug information photos so it doesn't clutter up my main account. I don't care if the coins just sit there.

I'll just put a note on each one to contact me if they have the coin and want to take over ownership.

A spouse ordered liquidation? Even though you complied, the spouse may find the coins in your inventory and question your veracity and compliance? :huh:

no spouse, had to get walter-the-car a new engine. i marked one missing but it still showed up in my trackables list - but as missing! i found some names of folks that made the adoption but never retrieve them out of my storage cache.

must be the weather keeping me inside and doing coin housework.

thanks folks! you guys are still the best even to an occasionally obnoxious person such as I.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl