Colorado won't display south of S60

Red90

Has anybody tried loading a custom mpa of the area to see of that works?

I made a world map for my 76csx last summer and it appears to work from nearly 90N to nearly 90S. There were issues with MapSource so it was not made available.

On the OR300 it will not display nor pan south of 60S; same as the builtin Garmin basemap. Garmin must have limited it to no more than 60S for some reason.

Same guy contacted me through the wiki so I've discussed it with Garmin and they are aware of the issue. Everything on the GPS (CO, DK, OR) except the map page works below S60, the problem is that maps aren't drawn properly below these latitudes. Garmin released an update a while back that fixed a similar issue at high latitudes (>N60) and they are working to fix it for >S60.

But like Red90 said, that doesn't help the guy in Antarctica much...

Garmin released an update a while back that fixed a similar issue at high latitudes (>N60) and they are working to fix it for >S60.

Gee ... how hard can it be to be to fix the code to draw a map for >S60, when you have already fixed the issue for >N60?! :lol:

I wonder if this is related to the issue of huge distortions that you get in MapSource 6.15 at high latitudes? (e.g. Are they using the same projection algorithms in the Colorado / Oregon / Dakota series?) I tried loading the Antarctica map into MapSource and then onto my Summit HC. The Summit pans and zooms just fine on this map, and the map is properly scaled, but in MapSource, it is stretched an enormous amount E-W, as you can see if you create a waypoint with a proximity circle - it displays as an ellipse with an aspect ratio of about 2:1 at S65, increasing to about 5:1 at S80!