today is the first day of a new hobby,1/04/10

Hello all,

Well im brian weller and today im going out to look for my first 5 caches.Just got my new DeLorme pn-40.

spent the day looking the pn-40 over and put 5 place close to home to go look along with a few notes.

im going to set everything up on my laptop in the next few days but just put in a little info to get me started,

well i might be only 9 degrees out side when i get up but thats ok,,,im willing to play in the cold.

So i live in

Asheville nc,28806 and this is one of the best places to live in the usa..Im a army brat and Asheville might have been my 25th move in 31 years...

I will post pic's and stories as i go and cant wait to see where this takes me,, :anibad:

Well to day was a good day,,,I took off out the door looking for 4 caches.

found the first 3 in no time and the pn-40 had me with in 3 feet of each and at the last there were to many people so im going as soon as it gets light...

I spent a full day playing with the pn-40 at home till i felt good with using it,,now all i have to do is start playing with topo 8,,,can't wait.

well the pn-40 is my first nice gps but i love this thing...and spend the $30 for the

Hi-Resolution Color Aerial Imagery,

Tonight I spent the last few hours making a few geocaches...Im heading out in the morning to Hide My Treasure.

Hello,

You don't know me but I am "The voice of reason".

Please, sir. When you make your geocaches to hide, please read the guidelines - twice.

Also, could you please make sure your geocache containers are 100% waterproof?

I realize you are new, and full of enthusiasm. I was like you once. My first cache hide wasn't a good experience because I hadn't experienced enough caches to understand:

How easily they are muggled (stolen, removed, broken, etc)

How easily they are lost

How wet caches with bad seals can get

How much damage can be cause by cache seekers

How many people don't want caches near their property

and much more.

Please take a moment to think of what CAN go wrong because you have placed the cache.

Cache ownership can be a wonderful thing but it can just as easily be a pain. A good cache will give you lots of joy but a poorly designed cache (hide) can give you lots of grief.

Good luck and happy caching.

Tonight I spent the last few hours making a few geocaches...Im heading out in the morning to Hide My Treasure.

Hello,

You don't know me but I am "The voice of reason".

Please, sir. When you make your geocaches to hide, please read the guidelines - twice.

Also, could you please make sure your geocache containers are 100% waterproof?

I realize you are new, and full of enthusiasm. I was like you once. My first cache hide wasn't a good experience because I hadn't experienced enough caches to understand:

How easily they are muggled (stolen, removed, broken, etc)

How easily they are lost

How wet caches with bad seals can get

How much damage can be cause by cache seekers

How many people don't want caches near their property

and much more.

Please take a moment to think of what CAN go wrong because you have placed the cache.

Cache ownership can be a wonderful thing but it can just as easily be a pain. A good cache will give you lots of joy but a poorly designed cache (hide) can give you lots of grief.

Good luck and happy caching.

The less a man thinks or knows about his virtues the better we like him.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You might also wait a while and see if you stick with the game.

Wow! You couldn't have bought a better GPS. That thing is great. Once you get a premium membership you will also be able to have paperless caching on it. We hope you have fun out there. Good luck

P.S. Is there snow there. We have about a foot of it here. Makes for some rely tough caching. We just don't go out much in the winter.

cachensfun

I hid my first cache after 70 finds. So I could see what worked and what didn't. If you just cannot wait ask somebody for help. Some hides are found by muggles and labeled as possible bombs. Then the bomb squad blows them up. This gives geocaching a bad rap. So make sure you do some research.