do you like to know what you are looking for?

JZKA

beyond the mico - regular - large etc... descriptions i have looked for some caches that were labeled as other.

here is a local example...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...40-3d01e3effbc9

so i fully understand part of the hunt is just that. do you like to know what you are looking for? do you want to know if its a 35mm canister? a camo tupperware container? or do you like to turn over every stone and have an adventure of a hunt?

just wondering since i want to go try and find it this weekend and i dont want to have a run in with someone who is just trying to call BS on me looking for some item that i cannot describe :rolleyes:

beyond the mico - regular - large etc... descriptions i have looked for some caches that were labeled as other..............

so i fully understand part of the hunt is just that. do you like to know what you are looking for? do you want to know if its a 35mm canister? a camo tupperware container?

If I have that info, fine. If not, that's fine, too.

Omitting the container description raises the difficulty rating, so you have a trade off; less info = harder cache, more info = less difficult cache.

Edited by WebChimp

When you have a unique container and stating the size may give it away, then I can see the need for a "?" size. But when it's used to artificially up the difficulty it strikes me as the same level of creativity as soft coords.

But that's just me, I still look for them.

We have noticed that a fair number of CO's use "?" when placing a micro.

Dunno for sure if they do that to "disguise" the fact that it is a micro (many don't like to pursue micros), or perhaps they do not know how to classify it.

We used to avoid micros, now however not so much. We would prefer to see, hunt for or find a unique or innovative placement rather than one specifically full of swag. :rolleyes:

I like to know the size container I am looking for, but not necessarily the exact description of the container.

My theory as to why there are a lot of caches that don't gete "sized" is that the hider either gets in a hurry and doesn't choose, gets lazy and doesn't bother to select, or they don't realize they should.

I don't like it when the size is deliberately left out to artificially make the cache harder. If the hider wants the cache to be harder to find, then they need to improve the camo, or find a better hiding spot.