Maps Problems on Listings

two bison

What's up with the big red X on both maps on the cache listings?

I don't see any big red X, but I am having a related problem.

I'm using the latest version (3.5.5) of Firefox. Here is how to reproduce the problem/bug:

1) Go to geocaching.com and do a search for a cache listing (using the "Hide & Seek a cache" link)

2) Click on the link to the cache page

3) When you have the cache page up, scroll down to the links that say "For online maps..."

4) Click on the "Geocaching.com Google Map" link. The map page comes up, with either Smiley Face icons for caches that you've found, or the standard "box" icon for caches that you have not found.

5) Using Firefox, if you click on File, Print Preview, you'll notice that these icons just show up as white squares. This only happens on Firefox. Same procedure on IE shows real icons when you do a Print Preview.

icon_err.jpg

5) Using Firefox, if you click on File, Print Preview, you'll notice that these icons just show up as white squares. This only happens on Firefox. Same procedure on IE shows real icons when you do a Print Preview.

The cache-type icons are coded on the page to not print. That IE shows them in a Print Preview is a bug in IE. I wonder if IE will actually print them, too? :)

It could be argued that it's a website bug in that the cache-type icons are coded not to print in the first place :P

The cache-type icons are coded on the page to not print. That IE shows them in a Print Preview is a bug in IE. I wonder if IE will actually print them, too? :D

It could be argued that it's a website bug in that the cache-type icons are coded not to print in the first place :D

Do you know why the site has it "set" that way? Can we request that this be changed to print? Nut sure why they'd set it up that way. It isn't like they are copyrighted images.