midnight fearie coin

spotted-owl

Based on the caches you've found...It looks like "Flat Stanley" was the name of a cache that you found. There are no coins logged into that cache, so I am guessing that you picked up a signature item. It appears that Midnight Faerie (a cacher) left a wooden nickel in the cache...is the "coin" that you picked up a wooden nickel? If so, it is a swag item and is not trackable.

i recently found flat stanley and retrieved a midnight fearie coin with no tracking numbers on it... is this just a cool looking signature coin or is it a traveling coin? im new to this sport and would like some input.... thanks to all who reply... the hunt is on

the spotted owl ;)

You found a personal signature coin for midnight faerie who is a local cacher in the North-East Ohio area. You can't track it, only collect it. Some of us create signature items to leave in caches so others can find them. I am truly honored that some of my hand stamped brass dics are in other people's collections that some have even posted on line!

i recently found flat stanley and retrieved a midnight fearie coin with no tracking numbers on it... is this just a cool looking signature coin or is it a traveling coin? im new to this sport and would like some input.... thanks to all who reply... the hunt is on

the spotted owl ;)

You found a personal signature coin for midnight faerie who is a local cacher in the North-East Ohio area. You can't track it, only collect it. Some of us create signature items to leave in caches so others can find them. I am truly honored that some of my hand stamped brass dics are in other people's collections that some have even posted on line!

thanks for the reply... happy hunting

Based on the caches you've found...It looks like "Flat Stanley" was the name of a cache that you found. There are no coins logged into that cache, so I am guessing that you picked up a signature item. It appears that Midnight Faerie (a cacher) left a wooden nickel in the cache...is the "coin" that you picked up a wooden nickel? If so, it is a swag item and is not trackable.

you are wise beyond the time, flat stanley was the name of the cache and it would appear that this is a wooden nicklel stamped with a multicolored midnight fearie and the dated when she began geocaching. as it has no tracking numbers on it.. but its still a really cool looking coin and definitely the first of many in my collection of caching items.. im addicted... have done 6 caches in 2 days... but how did you know the midnight fearie left a wooden nickel? thanks again for the reply.. carry on superslueth

you are wise beyond the time, flat stanley was the name of the cache and it would appear that this is a wooden nicklel stamped with a multicolored midnight fearie and the dated when she began geocaching. as it has no tracking numbers on it.. but its still a really cool looking coin and definitely the first of many in my collection of caching items.. im addicted... have done 6 caches in 2 days... but how did you know the midnight fearie left a wooden nickel? thanks again for the reply.. carry on superslueth

Although I would love to claim to be a geocaching psychic, all it took was a brief look at the Flat Stanley logs. You only had a few finds so far (welcome to the addiction), so finding out that Flat Stanley was a cache was easy. There were no trackables listed as in the cache, so I viewed the older logs on the cache page. There was one for Midnight Faerie that said that she dropped a wooden nickel in the cache. :)