Lowrance Endura firmware Update 1.2

FYI and use ... find it at:

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Outdoors/Endura-Sierra/Downloads/Endura-Sierra-Update-1-2/

Lowrance Endura firmware Update 1.2

What changes are made in this update?

Includes performance improvements:

Additional position formats and datums added including:

- Position Formats - UTM, MGRS, and other regional grids

- Map Datums - NAD27, NAD83, and other regional datums

- Improved map panning, zooming and redraw with physical buttons

- Enhanced Compass calibration

- Refined user interface and better visability on the Trip Computer and Satellite Status page displays

- Added ability to import/export GPX files directly from a microSD card or save files to a microSD card

- Improved handling of GPX trail and waypoint files for map display or list loading

- Improved compatibility of Endura recorded trails and waypoints with 3rd party websites or software programs

I updated my edura safari to the 1.2, and it deleted all the POI's and my map no longer show any roads. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Sounds like a bad install.

Check your folders in your internal memory for the POI's.

Try removing the installer placed on your GPS internal memory, power down and restart. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the update a second time with a downloaded version of the update rather than from the website. Otherwise, contact CS about doing a system reset followed by a new installation of the update on your Safari

Good luck.

N.

The 1.2 Firmware seems to have fixed the occasional update problem with the compass arrow. Thats good news!!

There's alot to like about the 1.2 update.

Thankfully it looks like Lowrance is finally stepping up on their issues. Customer service is still on par with Magellan's. Horrible. It's a bad sign when the user knows more about the product, and how to use it, than the CS rep. And god help you if you get Adrea, she has no idea what a topographic map is, 7.5 min/1:24K quads, scales, contour lines, etc. or how to use but "my husband does and he's told me plenty ... ", OYYYYY!

The next update is scheduled by early 1/2010.

Pray for another good one ...

N

Thanks. I have tried to re-install the update several times with no luck... Does anyone know how to do a hard reset?

I updated my edura safari to the 1.2, and it deleted all the POI's and my map no longer show any roads. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Try removing the installer placed on your GPS internal memory, power down and restart. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the update a second time with a downloaded version of the update rather than from the website. Otherwise, contact CS about doing a system reset followed by a new installation of the update on your Safari

Good luck.

N.

Thanks. I have tried to re-install the update several times with no luck... Does anyone know how to do a hard reset?

Good luck.

N.

The best I came up with was on their "Endura Faqs" on the Self Service Support :

"How do I restore all device settings to original values (Master Reset)? Master Reset can be

accessed from the main menu by selecting “Settings” > “Restore Defaults” then confirm that you

wish to restore factory defaults. All user generated data will not be lost during a Master Reset. "

Call Support on Friday to get the procedure. Let us know what it is when you find out if you wouldn't mind please.

Good luck.

N

So, does this 1.2 update make the Lorance Endura series GPSr's a "recommend-able" product now?

I guess the downloadable map imagery, while very nice to have, is still a bit too pricey to use on a large scale, eh?

I am still doing a bit of testing - but I am leaning very close to starting to recommend it......

So, does this 1.2 update make the Lorance Endura series GPSr's a "recommend-able" product now?

I guess the downloadable map imagery, while very nice to have, is still a bit too pricey to use on a large scale, eh?

I wouldn't have said that they were until the updates came out. The updates seem to imply a certain commitment to the product. I waited until they came out with the updates before I bought mine then found a screamin' good price (about 70% of retail) on the Sierra at Amazon which I checked against Bizrate and NexTag for the very lowest price around. If you can afford to wait as they go through their "growth" mode with the Enduras and you have a good GPS as an alternate to depend on as you wait, then buy now. I'd wait if this was to be your one and only.

The Sierra's 24k Topo cards seem to be exceptionally good, as is the Turn by Turn auto-routing card. But while the updates improved the on-board maps considerably, the scrotes still should've put the 24K maps on the units as advertised.

Satellite lock is fast and very good and holds the lock even in nasty cover (in my house, in the mountain passes and canyons where I live, etc. lock is retained and easily holds 9-16 ft. EPE accuracy).

The compasses really rock in my opinion, resembling an actual compass in use when not navigating but while navigating, utilizing a very large green arrow to maintain your course direction. added better compass calibration procedure added.

Updates have added more navigational options including UTM and most of the more recognizable Datums instead of just the Lat/long and WGS 84 they'd had before without options.

Expanded GPX/loc files compatibility for use of third party waypoints, trails, routes.

Broken track or their "trail logging" issue corrected.

NMEA 0183 output capability added.

Excellent geocaching capabilities already discussed.

Excellent elevation profile tool page.

Navionics premium marine inland lakes topo cards should be available once the map databases have been migrated to the microSD memory cards (features should be similar to the Silver and Gold Chart series and the Premium Hotmaps in the Lake Maps series).

Increased number (product development team via CS confirmed changes) of waypoints or geocaches from 2000 to now 4000 max., trails from 30 to now 100 trails with 10,000 points per trail, was 60 now 500 routes with 200 waypoints per route.

Still no distance measuring tool, MOB, waypoint projections, waypoint averaging, proximity alarms, not enough generic symbol waypoint icons, not enough data fields (4) nor data field labels (24, used on computer screen and in four corners of each screen page). GPS unit doesn't identify number of loaded geocaches, trails, routes or waypoints. Imagery is obscenely expensive at $5 per quad (will be interesting to see if they bow to market pressure for a price reduction) for USGS Topos, Aerial imagery and BLM maps. The Endura Safari and Sierra units will accept 79 Mapselect.com maps, while the Out & Back will accept 38 Mapselect.com maps. I will be testing to see if custom map imports like that recently introduced for Garmins will be possible with Enduras.

All in all, they NOW seem to have the basis for a good unit. Time will tell whether they improve the unit to be one of the best units.

Be safe.

N

I wouldn't have said that they were until the updates came out. The updates seem to imply a certain commitment to the product.

<snip>

The Sierra's 24k Topo cards seem to be exceptionally good, as is the Turn by Turn auto-routing card. But while the updates improved the on-board maps considerably, the scrotes still should've put the 24K maps on the units as advertised.

Satellite lock is fast and very good and holds the lock even in nasty cover (in my house, in the mountain passes and canyons where I live, etc. lock is retained and easily holds 9-16 ft. EPE accuracy).

The compasses really rock in my opinion, resembling an actual compass in use when not navigating but while navigating, utilizing a very large green arrow to maintain your course direction. added better compass calibration procedure added.

Updates have added more navigational options including UTM and most of the more recognizable Datums instead of just the Lat/long and WGS 84 they'd had before without options.

Expanded GPX/loc files compatibility for use of third party waypoints, trails, routes.

Navionics premium marine inland lakes topo cards should be available once the map databases have been migrated to the microSD memory cards (features should be similar to the Silver and Gold Chart series and the Premium Hotmaps in the Lake Maps series).

Increased number (product development team via CS confirmed changes) of waypoints or geocaches from 2000 to now 4000 max., trails from 30 to now 100 trails with 10,000 points per trail, was 60 now 500 routes with 200 waypoints per route.

Still no distance measuring tool, MOB, waypoint projections, waypoint averaging, proximity alarms, not enough generic symbol waypoint icons, not enough data fields (4) nor data field labels (24, used on computer screen and in four corners of each screen page). GPS unit doesn't identify number of loaded geocaches, trails, routes or waypoints. Imagery is obscenely expensive at $5 per quad (will be interesting to see if they bow to market pressure for a price reduction) for USGS Topos, Aerial imagery and BLM maps. The Endura Safari and Sierra units will accept 79 Mapselect.com maps, while the Out & Back will accept 38 Mapselect.com maps. I will be testing to see if custom map imports like that recently introduced for Garmins will be possible with Enduras.

All in all, they NOW seem to have the basis for a good unit. Time will tell whether they improve the unit to be one of the best units.

Be safe.

N

'N' :

Thank-You, I look forward to reading more of your experiences w/these devices. 'Open architecture' is

the future w/hhGPSrs, let's hope they don't get pulled into the "looking glass", or implement some

proprietary 'hoops' so as to discourage users of "alternate" OSs.

I'm happy w/my current device, but would certainly entertain thoughts of one that doesn't wear a

MicroSoft chastity belt, . . . that's so unbecoming in this day and age(shields up).

Norm

Edited by RRLover

I wouldn't have said that they were until the updates came out. The updates seem to imply a certain commitment to the product. I waited until they came out with the updates before I bought mine then found a screamin' good price (about 70% of retail) on the Sierra at Amazon which I checked against Bizrate and NexTag for the very lowest price around. If you can afford to wait as they go through their "growth" mode with the Enduras and you have a good GPS as an alternate to depend on as you wait, then buy now. I'd wait if this was to be your one and only.

Be safe.

N

Native20559

I wanted to clarify that the Endura GPSr's can handle 4000 waypoints as well as 4000 geocaches, not just a total of 4000 waypoint or geocaches.

Be safe.

N

Native20559

I wanted to clarify that the Endura GPSr's can handle 4000 waypoints as well as 4000 geocaches, not just a total of 4000 waypoint or geocaches.

That's even better!! Thanks for the clarification!!! :)

Was the issue of multiple caches showing up with two or more loaded pocket queries fixed?

Yes, version 1.21 seems to have solved this issue. I have only tried to load 5 different PQ's, either by copying them directly to the internal memory or using the microSD card, and they will show up on the map page.

I hope this helps.

Was the issue of multiple caches showing up with two or more loaded pocket queries fixed?

Yes, version 1.21 seems to have solved this issue. I have only tried to load 5 different PQ's, either by copying them directly to the internal memory or using the microSD card, and they will show up on the map page.

I hope this helps.

Was that a duplication issue? ( i.e. Two different GPX files dl'ed to the Endura unit with a common geocache and pq still do show up in the geocache category as duplicate geocaches).

N

I hope this helps.

Was that a duplication issue? ( i.e. Two different GPX files dl'ed to the Endura unit with a common geocache and pq still do show up in the geocache category as duplicate geocaches).

N

I have not seen a duplication issue, where the same caches show up twice. This was an issue where if you imported more the 2 PQ's they would sometimes not show up on the map page, but would be listed in the cache listings.

I am still doing a bit of testing - but I am leaning very close to starting to recommend it......

The unit is certainly performing much much better with this newest update. The arrow on the compass page is still a little bit sluggish for my tastes to update but I haven't seen any 15 to 20 second delays like I saw once in a while before.

The geocaching functions are better, you don't activate some random window when tapping the screen to turn on the backlight, satellites are aquring just a bit faster, tracks look a lot smoother compared to my other units.

Still testing but looking much improved!!

This one's for the "Expert". Will future firmware updates address the lack of Projection (priority!) and Averaging features in the Enduras? Also, are there any plans to make improvements to the backtrack feature? Backtrack options similar to what are available on the H20 models (line styles, colors, etc.) would be nice.

This one's for the "Expert". Will future firmware updates address the lack of Projection (priority!) and Averaging features in the Enduras? Also, are there any plans to make improvements to the backtrack feature? Backtrack options similar to what are available on the H20 models (line styles, colors, etc.) would be nice.

Yes - waypoint projection would be a nice addtion!!

I don't much care for or need averaging though....

I hope this helps.

N

I have not seen a duplication issue, where the same caches show up twice. This was an issue where if you imported more the 2 PQ's they would sometimes not show up on the map page, but would be listed in the cache listings.

I have posted on this issue of duplicate caches. While they do not show up as dups on the map, they do in the list of caches. At times when travelling, I like to run more than one pocket query to cover a larger area. The dups take up space and make it harder to scroll as well. I have tried using a program such as watcher or GSAK (both linked to on the geocaching.com site) to merge the queries into one list and one file. When I export this file from the above programs with say 700 caches or so into the endura unit it does not show up in the list on the unit. It gives me the initial "loading caches" screen when I power up, but when I go to FIND and the Geocaches, there is nothing there. It lists a file in Windows Explorer as being present when the unit is connected to the computer. Any thoughts?

I hope this helps.

N

I have posted on this issue of duplicate caches. While they do not show up as dups on the map, they do in the list of caches. At times when travelling, I like to run more than one pocket query to cover a larger area. The dups take up space and make it harder to scroll as well. I have tried using a program such as watcher or GSAK (both linked to on the geocaching.com site) to merge the queries into one list and one file. When I export this file from the above programs with say 700 caches or so into the endura unit it does not show up in the list on the unit. It gives me the initial "loading caches" screen when I power up, but when I go to FIND and the Geocaches, there is nothing there. It lists a file in Windows Explorer as being present when the unit is connected to the computer. Any thoughts?

Lanko21,

I have noticed the duplication issue and have reported it as a bug to the programmers. It looks like if your have PQ's with overlapping areas the caches will show up twice. We are working on getting the software to filter out duplicates.

Regarding the problem that you are seeing in trying to import a GPX file with 700 caches, there may be a problem with 700 caches. I have talked to another user that was having issues with a 1000 cache file. When he trimed the number down to less than 500 caches and it worked. I have reported this as a know issue as well.

Edited by EnduraExpert

I have requested that we add waypoint projection. We are talking about averaging feature and I will start a discussion regarding your interest in Backtrack options similar to the H2O models.

I heard from the rumor mill there is another update patch coming up sometime around next January. EnduraExpert, can you shed any light on this rumor? If a patch is coming, can you reveal the list of tweaks ahead of time?

I have heard the same rumor regarding an update, at this time I can not shed any light on it. We are currently discussing features to be added as well as fixes to be included in the next firmware release. Once we finalize the listing of tweaks I will try to get it posted.

Happy Holidays to all.

I have requested that we add waypoint projection. We are talking about averaging feature and I will start a discussion regarding your interest in Backtrack options similar to the H2O models.

Thats great news!!

I am very happy that Lowrance seems so very interested in making this product everything it should be!!!

Merry Christmas!!

I want to thank Lowrance and in particular Endura Expert for the great customer service I received with trying to resolve the problems I had with my Safari after installing the updates. After the issues could not be resolved by me, Lowrance sent me a new GPS overnight and included to my surprise an advanced outdoor content map SD card at no charge for my troubles in exchange for my old Endura. Thank you again Endura Expert and Lowrance for the great customer service!

Good luck.

N.

So what is the official verdict? From what I can tell from the thread and my own use, the 1.2 software seems to have the Endura's working properly. Customer service and product support seem to be improving too.

Is Lowrance truly in the game now? I know I like my Out&Back but I have never owned a handheld GPS before and am curious where they really stand in capability against the other competitors now.

So what is the official verdict? From what I can tell from the thread and my own use, the 1.2 software seems to have the Endura's working properly. Customer service and product support seem to be improving too.

Is Lowrance truly in the game now? I know I like my Out&Back but I have never owned a handheld GPS before and am curious where they really stand in capability against the other competitors now.

They have done alot to reverse their position in the last 4 mos. They've corrected many of the issues which made the Endura nothing more than a fancy paper weight. The new "Advanced Outdoor Content" (i.e. Acuterra Maps) rock in a big way. Probably some of the most advanced mapping I've had the pleasure of working with on a GPS! The "Turn by Turn" road navigation card is fantastic with near instantaneous recalculations and AUDIBLE instructions. This by itself puts this GPS Series (specifically the Safari and Sierra; the Out and Back can't use this chip) in a class by itself as one of the first real "crossover" handheld units capable of effective recreational use and automobile autonav use.

Thanks to the efforts of our friend here on the forums, "the Endura Expert" we've seen the customer service improve, problems have had faster resolution, and finally we have someone who will actully listen and escalate issues and suggestions to management which is unheard of for Lowrance! He's been fighting to get us better pricing on MapSelect and a few other options yet to be unveiled. Time will tell what the results of his efforts ultimately accomplish but I for one have been very encouraged by what I've seen and heard from Lowrance. I'm praying they continue in this direction and not ultimately "stall" the way Garmin did with the Colorado series. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing what improvements will be released with the next update!

Be Safe.

N

Well said Native 20559! I agree with you completely. Keep up the good work Lowrance! :ph34r::ph34r:

They have done alot to reverse their position in the last 4 mos. They've corrected many of the issues which made the Endura nothing more than a fancy paper weight. The new "Advanced Outdoor Content" (i.e. Acuterra Maps) rock in a big way. Probably some of the most advanced mapping I've had the pleasure of working with on a GPS! The "Turn by Turn" road navigation card is fantastic with near instantaneous recalculations and AUDIBLE instructions. This by itself puts this GPS Series (specifically the Safari and Sierra; the Out and Back can't use this chip) in a class by itself as one of the first real "crossover" handheld units capable of effective recreational use and automobile autonav use.

Thanks to the efforts of our friend here on the forums, "the Endura Expert" we've seen the customer service improve, problems have had faster resolution, and finally we have someone who will actully listen and escalate issues and suggestions to management which is unheard of for Lowrance! He's been fighting to get us better pricing on MapSelect and a few other options yet to be unveiled. Time will tell what the results of his efforts ultimately accomplish but I for one have been very encouraged by what I've seen and heard from Lowrance. I'm praying they continue in this direction and not ultimately "stall" the way Garmin did with the Colorado series. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing what improvements will be released with the next update!

Be Safe.

N

I'm happy to hear the Lowrances are shaping up :ph34r: I've been a long time fan of Lowrance GPSr's and would like to be able to include them as a consideration for my next GPSr purchase.

Hey wasn't there *another firmware patch* tentatively scheduled for sometime this month supposed to come out?? If so, it should be showing up sometime soon,, I can't wait to hear what's in store with it!

If both of firmware updates are loaded onto the same microSD card will the Endura install them in the correct sequence? (1.1 then 1.2)

It's been a while since I updated mine but it seems like I remember they were both called Installer.exe so you couldn't have both on a card at the same time.

The 1.1 update took about 30 minutes or so to run and the 1.2 update was only about 5 minutes or so. At least, that is how long it took on my Out&Back. It may be longer with the fancier Endura models. Well worth the time for sure as these GPS's rock with the 1.2 update.

If both of firmware updates are loaded onto the same microSD card will the Endura install them in the correct sequence? (1.1 then 1.2)

Right now you would need to do each update seperately, I would recommend that you do the 1.1 update first then follow it with the 1.2 update. Depending on your Endura unit the 1.1 update will take between 30 to 60 minutes and the 1.2 update will take about 5 minutes. This update time will also depend on your microSD card.

I hope this helps.

N

Lanko21,

I have noticed the duplication issue and have reported it as a bug to the programmers. It looks like if your have PQ's with overlapping areas the caches will show up twice. We are working on getting the software to filter out duplicates.

Regarding the problem that you are seeing in trying to import a GPX file with 700 caches, there may be a problem with 700 caches. I have talked to another user that was having issues with a 1000 cache file. When he trimed the number down to less than 500 caches and it worked. I have reported this as a know issue as well.

EE, any word on this issue?

I hope this helps.

N

Lanko21,

EE, any word on this issue?

We're all hoping it's resolved in the next update. It would be foolish of them to release an update that didn't have this issue corrected in it. I spoke with CS yesterday and they claim it's due "anyday" now which has been since the beginning of January. Guess time will tell.

N

While I too float hopes of future Endura updates, I might add that had Lowrance simply incorporated the features found in the iFinders and made use of, at least optionally, their existing MapCreate mapping software, the Enduras could have been so much better. While the more detailed elevation contour interval of the Acuterra Maps (on microSD) is a major improvement over MC, in my opinion the hill shading is little more than cosmetic.

I cannot get the 1.2 update to install.

I have to say, the Lowrance operation manual and website documentation is dreadful.

I go out of my way to purchase a product that is hard to find in any stores, 2 hours of drive time.

Then I get home and find out I need to upgrade it, but without a micro sd card, I can't upgrade it. Unbelievable. Another drive to the store to buy micro sd card.

Now I've run the 1.1 update, I think because when I try to install it again the message says its already installed. Yet when I check the about page, it only shows 1-0 so who knows.

Deleting the installer file from the sd card was anothr incredibly difficult task. Every time I hooked up the safari to the usb cord, the "already installed 1.1" message came up. When that happens, there is no usb connection so the safari never shows up as a drive. After trying countless times, I tried hooking it up to my mac where I was able to delete the 1.1 installer from the sd card.

Tried installing the 1.2 update, but the installer (web and on my hard drive) never gets past this message:

Errors occurred during the installation.

Unable to install Lowrance Endura Update over Lowrance Endura Update: Installed product has newer version.

Cannot install: Check (update) did not pass

I haven't installed the 1.2 update so I don't get it.

By now I've spent over 6 hours trying to figure what is going on. I'm leaving for a trip in 2 days and I need this to work as I expected to when I boght it.

Does anybody know how I can get help?

I have to say, the Lowrance operation manual and website documentation is dreadful.

I go out of my way to purchase a product that is hard to find in any stores, 2 hours of drive time.

Then I get home and find out I need to upgrade it, but without a micro sd card, I can't upgrade it. Unbelievable. Another drive to the store to buy micro sd card.

Now I've run the 1.1 update, I think because when I try to install it again the message says its already installed. Yet when I check the about page, it only shows 1-0 so who knows.

Deleting the installer file from the sd card was anothr incredibly difficult task. Every time I hooked up the safari to the usb cord, the "already installed 1.1" message came up. When that happens, there is no usb connection so the safari never shows up as a drive. After trying countless times, I tried hooking it up to my mac where I was able to delete the 1.1 installer from the sd card.

Tried installing the 1.2 update, but the installer (web and on my hard drive) never gets past this message:

Unable to install Lowrance Endura Update over Lowrance Endura Update: Installed product has newer version.

By now I've spent over 6 hours trying to figure what is going on. I'm leaving for a trip in 2 days and I need this to work as I expected to when I boght it.

Wow man, that sucks... Sorry to hear about it.

I tried looking for you, the only thing I could come up with was this page: System Not Supported - Manual Install Endura Sierra

Read the instructions thoroughly. Maybe even try formatting the microSD card first, then try again. If there is an internal memory drive on those units (aside from the microsd card memory), check to see if the file is in there... if it is, delete it and start over.

If that fails, call them up ASAP. Best of luck!

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

Roger1972 - I have sent you a PM and will be more than happy to get you help in installing the 1.2 update. Just let me know the best way to contact you?

Roger1972 - I have sent you a PM and will be more than happy to get you help in installing the 1.2 update. Just let me know the best way to contact you?

It looks like the problem is caused by the Installshield program. After speaking with Roger1972 we were able to get the 1.2 update to run.

Installshield keeps a log of the updates that have been run and will not allow you to re-run an older update. In order to fix this problem you will need to delete 2 files (vpd.properties and vpd.script) that are created by Installshield. They are located in the following directory-

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal\common\Gen1\_vpddb

You will now be able to re-run an older update, ie: run 1.2 after running 1.3 if you ran them out of order.

After running the installer the program tells you to remove the SD card and power off the unit. You will need to remove the batteries to power the unit down.

Without EnduraExpert, I would not be breathing a sigh of relief right now. Leaving for a trip tonight and having the Safari fully functioning is a relief.

There is still an undocumented issue, to upgrade beyond the 1.1 you will need a micro sd card reader or a mac. Fortunately I have a mac so another trip to the store was not needed. I plugged the endura with the sd card inserted but turned off into the usb port. Then turned it on, mac recognizes the drive and then I deleted the "installer.exe" file.

You will need to delete the current installer from the sd card before you can move on to the next one. There is no way to do this without a card reader (or a mac). So if you don't have a mac and you are having the problem that the Endura is not being recognized by your computer when the sd card is in and you're seeing the message on the Endura screen that the update was already run, its because the update is running before the eudora is recognized as a drive. You'll have to take the sd card out and find some way to erase the "installer.exe" file from the card.

**update** I cannot get the 1.3 installer deleted, even when I try it on a mac so now I'm forced to buy a micro sd card reader.

This is all a bit annoying and I can imagine the frustration of others who have not found the Groundspeak forum.

Thanks again EnduraExpert, you're a lifesaver.

-roger

Edited by roger1972

Without EnduraExpert, I would not be breathing a sigh of relief right now. Leaving for a trip tonight and having the Safari fully functioning is a relief.

There is still an undocumented issue, to upgrade beyond the 1.1 you will need a micro sd card reader or a mac. Fortunately I have a mac so another trip to the store was not needed. I plugged the endura with the sd card inserted but turned off into the usb port. Then turned it on, mac recognizes the drive and then I deleted the "installer.exe" file.

You will need to delete the current installer from the sd card before you can move on to the next one. There is no way to do this without a card reader (or a mac). So if you don't have a mac and you are having the problem that the Endura is not being recognized by your computer when the sd card is in and you're seeing the message on the Endura screen that the update was already run, its because the update is running before the eudora is recognized as a drive. You'll have to take the sd card out and find some way to erase the "installer.exe" file from the card.

**update** I cannot get the 1.3 installer deleted, even when I try it on a mac so now I'm forced to buy a micro sd card reader.

This is all a bit annoying and I can imagine the frustration of others who have not found the Groundspeak forum.

-roger

Roger to remove the 1.3 installer from the microSD card try reformatting the card using FAT32.

I have sent a request to resolve the issue of not being able to delete the installer.exe file without having a card reader.

Sorry for all of the frustration in running thru the updates. We hope to have the 1.4 update avail soon and it will roll the 1.2 & 1.3 updates into the 1.4 update.

-roger

Roger to remove the 1.3 installer from the microSD card try reformatting the card using FAT32.

I have sent a request to resolve the issue of not being able to delete the installer.exe file without having a card reader.

Sorry for all of the frustration in running thru the updates. We hope to have the 1.4 update avail soon and it will roll the 1.2 & 1.3 updates into the 1.4 update.

Yo Expert,

Might be a good idea to keep a FAQ of these type of problem solutions someplace readily accessible to keep the unfortunates informed when they have a problem. Better still, have an information directory on the Endura's which will take them directly to the information resource like the MapSelect function we're all too familiar with on our Endura's. In addition, how about a newsletter for all of the registered users which would share this kind of timely information and resource?

If I can find any other ways to misuse your time and resources I promise to let you know immediately!!! :D:rolleyes:

Thanks again for your efforts.

N

-roger

Yo Expert,

Might be a good idea to keep a FAQ of these type of problem solutions someplace readily accessible to keep the unfortunates informed when they have a problem. Better still, have an information directory on the Endura's which will take them directly to the information resource like the MapSelect function we're all too familiar with on our Endura's. In addition, how about a newsletter for all of the registered users which would share this kind of timely information and resource?

If I can find any other ways to misuse your time and resources I promise to let you know immediately!!! :D:rolleyes:

Thanks again for your efforts.

N

Hey Native,

I do greatly appreciate the misuse of my time and resources :D

No seriously, I think that you have some great ideas and I will work on getting them implemented. I do keep a list of new FAQ's based on questions/issues that are posted on these forums, as well as a list of suggested improvements.

All suggestions for improvement of the Endura's are appreciated, so please keep them comming.

I read through the FAQ on the Lowrance site last night. It's pretty intensive/thorough already. A "technical" FAQ page could be added there for these more techie orientated questions/issues. Overall it seems to me that Lowrance has some minor (*fixable*) issues when it comes to upgrading the unit. Having to have a micro SD to perform the upgrade seems weird to me though, especially when it mounts as a removable volume without the card in. :rolleyes: Oh well, some final kinks to work out, my Garmin 60Cx STILL has them!

I'm glad to read this thread about Lowrance Endura...as a Lowrance Ifinder PHd user i may one day decide to upgrade to a newer gps'r and i think it will be a Lowrance.

My PhD has for whatever reason stopped reading my card...haven't figured out if it's the card or the unit itself, but till this 'quirk' it has been a very good unit for me...so Lowrance still has my support.