Loading PQs.. what changed?!

I've done this several times. But must have toggled something and then forgot about it. Here's the flow:

I've just built and downloaded a PQ for use on a road trip this weekend.

Extracted the file from the zip

Sent file to OR 300

Disconnected the OR, fired it up, and

No caches! Hmm...

Reconnected OR to PC and took a look in the \Garmin\GPX\ directory and started to notice something odd. The file I transferred shows as a single file and not a list of 194 gpx files. And the kicker is, when I open it....

GSAK loads!!!

What is GSAK loading?? It's not even on the OR (duh). My first thought was that it's got something to do with file associations. But this has never happened before and AFAIK, I've not changed a dadgum thing that I'm aware of.

Have I unconsciously toggled something somewhere, or am I just plain losing my mind here??

I ran my last PQ maybe 2 months ago at most, and everything worked just peachy. No oddball issues with GSAK trying to infiltrate my GPS.

Thoughts/comments would be VERY welcomed.

tnx!

tv

Moderator edit to return G rating

Edited by robertlipe

A couple of things may be happening. You may not be seeing the geocaches in your Oregon if they are remote form your present location. There should be an option to list the waypoints by 'Name' rather than 'Nearest'

As to why GSAK opens - if you have the file association for GPX files set so that GSAK opens them and your Oregon is connected in 'Mass Sorage Mode' then your computer sees the Oregon as a remote drive and uses GSAK to open the file.

I've noticed same thing with PN40. I usually download GPX file and load it into Cache Register to get 995 w/ five left for improptu waypoints. The PN40 will now only show my 5 files remaining and not the 995 files it used to show. I thought I did something wrong and have spend considerable time trying to solve this one. It will work w/ cache regisgter, but you can only use an original GC GPX query 500 geocaches. Like the previous post asked, has something changed??

A couple of things may be happening. You may not be seeing the geocaches in your Oregon if they are remote form your present location. There should be an option to list the waypoints by 'Name' rather than 'Nearest'

As to why GSAK opens - if you have the file association for GPX files set so that GSAK opens them and your Oregon is connected in 'Mass Sorage Mode' then your computer sees the Oregon as a remote drive and uses GSAK to open the file.

Agreed - my thinking as well.

Reconnected OR to PC and took a look in the \Garmin\GPX\ directory and started to notice something odd. The file I transferred shows as a single file and not a list of 194 gpx files. And the kicker is, when I open it....

You said you have downloaded PQ's before, so I'm not sure if I understand your problem. If you download one cache at a time to your Oregon, each cache will be in a separate GPX file. If you download a PQ GPX file, it will contain all the caches in that PQ - all in one GPX file.

I agree with PDOP's reponses on the other areas.

I've noticed same thing with PN40. I usually download GPX file and load it into Cache Register to get 995 w/ five left for improptu waypoints. The PN40 will now only show my 5 files remaining and not the 995 files it used to show. I thought I did something wrong and have spend considerable time trying to solve this one. It will work w/ cache regisgter, but you can only use an original GC GPX query 500 geocaches. Like the previous post asked, has something changed??

I believe you will need to run the macro DelormeGPSFix. That should help with the missing caches.

Tim

I believe you will need to run the macro DelormeGPSFix. That should help with the missing caches.

Tim

Thanks, I will give it a try.