Unknown cache

Gustav129

I found a geocache a few months back while setting up fireworks in a park downtown Spokane. It didn't have a GC code, GC name, or owner name on the logbook, just blank. I noticed it, because of the type it was (popular urban type cache), and I spent a few days at the same location for the 4th of July fireworks show and I was looking for caches in the area.

We were taking a break, and I happen to notice the container, and said to the other guys, "Is that a geocache? I don't remember that being there at 4th of July." Walked over to it, grabbed it, and sure enough it was a geocache. I signed FTF, and handed it to another pyro that geocaches a little also so he can sign it.

Anyways, so I've been checking on the website and keep checking to see if this is gonna get published or not. I stopped checking in August.. But as we were setting up the fireworks this past weekend, Eric said that that geocache was still there, and we were the only two to find it still. Checked again and nothing published. I'm thinking that it's within 500ft of another cache, so maybe it wont get published.

Anybody forget to pick up an unpublished cache? I admit, I have two that never got published and I haven't went out to retrieve them yet. To the Spokane area geocachers, does this sound like one of yours?

Just curious about it. But if it does end up getting published for some reason, would I still be able to claim FTF?

I found a geocache a few months back while setting up fireworks in a park downtown Spokane. It didn't have a GC code, GC name, or owner name on the logbook, just blank. I noticed it, because of the type it was (popular urban type cache), and I spent a few days at the same location for the 4th of July fireworks show and I was looking for caches in the area.

We were taking a break, and I happen to notice the container, and said to the other guys, "Is that a geocache? I don't remember that being there at 4th of July." Walked over to it, grabbed it, and sure enough it was a geocache. I signed FTF, and handed it to another pyro that geocaches a little also so he can sign it.

Anyways, so I've been checking on the website and keep checking to see if this is gonna get published or not. I stopped checking in August.. But as we were setting up the fireworks this past weekend, Eric said that that geocache was still there, and we were the only two to find it still. Checked again and nothing published. I'm thinking that it's within 500ft of another cache, so maybe it wont get published.

Anybody forget to pick up an unpublished cache? I admit, I have two that never got published and I haven't went out to retrieve them yet. To the Spokane area geocachers, does this sound like one of yours?

Just curious about it. But if it does end up getting published for some reason, would I still be able to claim FTF?

Coordinates would probably help those in the know. It's possible you stumbled onto a geocache which was in the process of being setup.

Are you sure it wasn't some sort of letterbox? There is usually a rubber stamp in the box with the notepad. You're supposed to stamp your logbook with it, and stamp their logbook with your stamp. The rubber stamp is not swag to trade. It stays with the box.

Coordinates would probably help those in the know. It's possible you stumbled onto a geocache which was in the process of being setup.

Are you sure it wasn't some sort of letterbox? There is usually a rubber stamp in the box with the notepad. You're supposed to stamp your logbook with it, and stamp their logbook with your stamp. The rubber stamp is not swag to trade. It stays with the box.

It's still being set up almost 6 months later?

I know it's not a letterbox, I've found one of those once. This is a magnetic micro.

Edited by gustav129

I know it's not a letterbox, I've found one of those once. This is a magnetic micro.

Ah an unpublished micro left behind as geotrash. What's the question again? :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know about the other sites that were mentioned above, but if you're that concerned about it, look them up and see if anything exists. Gc.com isn't the only listing service even if it is the largest.

Ah an unpublished micro left behind as geotrash. What's the question again? :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know about the other sites that were mentioned above, but if you're that concerned about it, look them up and see if anything exists. Gc.com isn't the only listing service even if it is the largest.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was geotrash. (well ok maybe a micro is one ;) )

I placed an ammo can in the woods and ended up not publishing it for a year or so. It had one finder in the meantime who signed the logbook with his girlfriend. I eventually got it published. I wonder what the FTF geocachers thought when they saw the date placed in the logbook and the log by the trail bike riders as compared to the published date?

I also wondered how the dirt bike rider found it since it was 30 feet off the trail and not accessible or viewable by bike, hidden under a large fern?

[i wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was geotrash. (well ok maybe a micro is one :angry: )

I placed an ammo can in the woods and ended up not publishing it for a year or so. It had one finder in the meantime who signed the logbook with his girlfriend. I eventually got it published. I wonder what the FTF geocachers thought when they saw the date placed in the logbook and the log by the trail bike riders as compared to the published date?

One man's trash is another mans treasure...

I also wondered how the dirt bike rider found it since it was 30 feet off the trail and not accessible or viewable by bike, hidden under a large fern?

Peeing?

Edited by Team Misguided

[i wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was geotrash. (well ok maybe a micro is one :unsure: )

One man's trash is another mans treasure...

Peeing?

That's not my quote.

Edited by Team Misguided