Pictures showing in Gallery for unpublished caches

Hayward Cheezehead

Not sure if there is a fix for this or not. I'm working a few puzzle caches ina series and have posted pics of the solve in a reviewer note. A friend of mine was going throu my profile gallery, saw the pics and asked what puzzle they were for. :lol: My thinking WAS that once the reviewer deleted the note, the picture would be deleted also.

So, I guess my question is, is there a way so pictures of caches in que, do not show in the owners profile?

Not sure if there is a fix for this or not. I'm working a few puzzle caches ina series and have posted pics of the solve in a reviewer note. A friend of mine was going throu my profile gallery, saw the pics and asked what puzzle they were for. :P My thinking WAS that once the reviewer deleted the note, the picture would be deleted also.

So, I guess my question is, is there a way so pictures of caches in que, do not show in the owners profile?

Another fun solution would be to put up several 'red herring' photos on some other unpublished cache. :laughing:

I hear dolphins love red herring! ;)

Pictures posted to the page of an unpublished cache - as opposed to being posted to a log on a page - do not appear in your gallery.

I have a never-published cache that I have since archived (because a large animal destroyed the hiding spot while trying to get at the container, lol). I dump all sorts of images on that cache page, and use them in other cache pages. This way they don't show up in my gallery, and they don't clutter up my other cache listings with those small links at the bottom.

Another fun solution would be to put up several 'red herring' photos on some other unpublished cache. :)

I hear dolphins love red herring! :(

Speaking of red herrings... I had to inform a local cacher, who was working on a tough puzzle of mine, that he was chasing a red herring.

Shortly after, his team published a puzzle of their own, with this picture attached, cryptically titled just "Picture".

ab46c80e-3160-40fb-87b9-1eebcf7dd576.jpg

When I finally FTF'd the puzzle two months later, I attached this picture to my log, cryptically titled just "Picture".

060cb254-0b45-46d9-8558-218b7872bd7f.jpg

Interesting what you can find on the internet when you search for "red herring"... That's a herring gull. :D