The lily pad

woody45

Hea I was just wondering how do you get invited to the lilypad?

Only the large contributors get invited.

No, just kidding. You can send a note to contact@geocaching.com and say you want to visit. The visits are Friday afternoons a 2pm, unless that has been changed. Bring coins, bugs and swag. There is an awesome cache to find and swap.

Jim

No, just kidding. You can send a note to contact@geocaching.com and say you want to visit. The visits are Friday afternoons a 2pm, unless that has been changed. Bring coins, bugs and swag. There is an awesome cache to find and swap.

Jim

Although the street address has already been leaked. :o:lol:

Jim

Although the street address has already been leaked. :o:lol:

There have been several street addresses listed in various places. I understand that the lily pad has recently moved to, yet another, undisclosed location.

Edit to add that most of the addresses listed were wrong.

Edited by WeightMan

Hmm... hack an iPhone, send it to Groundspeak's mailing address. Eventually it will be carried to HQ. Have the iPhone periodically phone home with its current location.

Or, send a GPSr with tracklog turned on (and some supplemental battery system). Figure out how you want it to be returned unopened after reaching HQ.

Seems like a couple of interesting ways to get the location of Groundspeak HQ without asking for an invite :lol: I also found an address online and Google Street View shows an office with Groundspeak sign in front, but I'm not sure if that is the Lily Pad.

Hope to make it there one of these days.

I don't know, maybe email a recent visitor and ask for the address. I did not have to sign a NDA when I went to visit.

Well, if I really wanted to know, I'd just e-mail Groundspeak and ask for permission to visit. I just thought using a GPSr to figure out the location of HQ is somehow more fitting :lol:

The open house for the original location was like that...a multi/puzzle that you had to do/solve to get the real coordinates...

hmmm after reading the cache listing it appears to me that it breaks the rule about commercial caches good thing it is has already been archived wonder if a rouge reviewer from cali did it

I think it also bracks the ALR requiremetn (by requireing the user to e-mail contact@Groundspeak.com to get the coordinates).

hmmm after reading the cache listing it appears to me that it breaks the rule about commercial caches good thing it is has already been archived wonder if a rouge reviewer from cali did it

I think it also bracks the ALR requiremetn (by requireing the user to e-mail contact@Groundspeak.com to get the coordinates).

Not only that, but the cache is archived.

Somebody has to get an exception for that.

I wonder who would be able to give an exception? :lol: