I have a question about hosing an event

Hello. I am getting ready to host my first event. It will be in December. It can be found here,

GC20170

I am in the process of getting items and donations together for the event. And my question is:

Does anyone know where I can get those plastic bags, that usually have company names on them, or anything like that, to fill with goodies to hand out to all the people that come to the event? Or if you have any ideas for this, please let me know. I appreciate it. and thanks in advance. charlie

I can be messaged on here, or send me an email. thanks. geopins@ptd.net

Edited by pumpkinking27

Never been hosed at an event! Oops. Sorry.

Remember to keep the event as non-commercial as possible. If stuff is donated, do not mention that on the event page.

more specifically, you can say you have donated stuff, but you can't say where it got donated from or who donated it.

Never been hosed at an event! Oops. Sorry.

Remember to keep the event as non-commercial as possible. If stuff is donated, do not mention that on the event page.

Hello, thanks for the response.....I have the event page up, and I will not put any comany links on it at all...but the thing I am looking for is a way to get plastic bags (like the ones you get at conventions) to fill with my own goodies to hand out to the people who come to the event.

oooh, ooh!

try salomon!

maybe they only give away goodies where they're a named sponsor, but i have recently been to an event where they gave away water bottles, clothing, and -get this- brand new pairs of their XT wings runnign shoes! you don't get to pick color, but still.

my new shoes are very, very nice.

I am not really looking for stuff to put in the bags, as much as I am looking for the bags. I can get stuff together to fill in it. I just need the bags, and funds are very low. So I was just checking to see if anyone here that held an event before can give me some tips or advice on how I can acquire bags. Thanks.

I PMed you a link for some you can buy fairly cheap (well known site to which I have no affiliation) rather than posting the link in the thread. The bags I linked are nice.

For just cheap-o paper tote bags for free, I'd ask a local department store, maybe one with a good sporting goods section?

I PMed you a link for some you can buy fairly cheap (well known site to which I have no affiliation) rather than posting the link in the thread. The bags I linked are nice.

For just cheap-o paper tote bags for free, I'd ask a local department store, maybe one with a good sporting goods section?

Yeah, depending on how big you want the bags, some grocery stores are sometimes willing to give away a stack of bags. Probably not as much in this day and age, but we've had them do that for us in the past.

We recently attended an event where filled plain bags were given out. In this case the bags were paper sacks. You could make a handstamp with Leatherman's public domain caching symbol and stamp it on the bags to dress them up. I've made homemade stamps for painting out of thick craft foam sheets with an exacto knife and then gluing the stamp to a wood block. Mine work well. You could dress up a LOT of bags quickly doing this.

If you are looking to have your own, or the organizational logo printed on bags, do a quick google search for logo items. If you are looking to have bags with a sponsors logo on them, ask the sponsor.

One of the big outdoor outfitters like Cabelas, Bass Pro, REI, etc, might be willing to hand you a stack in return for the free promo.