Email Notification gpx

djhobby

I would love to see a little more info in my email notifications. Right now all we get is when a new cache is published is distance from our home coordinates, the name of the cache, and the name of the reviewer who reviewed it. I would like at least to see who's cache it is. But a gpx file for premium members would be awesome.

But they want you to view the cache listing on the web site to get the newest information before heading out for a new cache.

How new do I need? If I'm out, and my phone/GPSr that will open a gpx file gets an email that says a new cache has just been published in my area, why should I bog down more Groundspeak resources by then having to go to the website to confirm what I could already have in the email?

My retraction logs tend to follow within five minutes of my published logs.

You *DO* have a notification set up for "retract listing" logs, right?

I get notification of new caches published, and caches that are archived. Is that the same as retracted listing? Why would you publish someone's cache and then retract it 5 mins later? Can't you just deny the cache and no one would ever be the wiser that the cache was ever in existence? But I still would be okay with that scenario, how often does the important info change on a cache page after it has been published? I would guess not very often.

My retraction logs tend to follow within five minutes of my published logs.

You *DO* have a notification set up for "retract listing" logs, right?

I had no idea there was such a thing! Thanks! :)

I guess you learn something new everyday. Keystone does make mistakes and there is a notification for it. :(

I would love to see a little more info in my email notifications. Right now all we get is when a new cache is published is distance from our home coordinates, the name of the cache, and the name of the reviewer who reviewed it. I would like at least to see who's cache it is. But a gpx file for premium members would be awesome.

They want you to visit the cache listing and actually read the description, which may include important information like the hours the area is open and closed, parking restrictions, etc. This has been discussed before, and TPTB have stated that it's not likely to happen, for this reason.

--Larry

All these arguments against including a .gpx in notifies seem pointless and null, because if I wait till the next morning, I'm probably going to have it in .gpx format anyway with my daily pq's.

I just don't see the argument against including it.

Arguing for it and even using the reviews comment that posted in this thread against him, by including it, if a disable/retracted/archived or other negative type log is made, I've already got that too, and will most likely will have already filtered it out of my gps instead of not knowing that its now a dead cache.

They want you to visit the cache listing and actually read the description, which may include important information like the hours the area is open and closed, parking restrictions, etc. This has been discussed before, and TPTB have stated that it's not likely to happen, for this reason.

--Larry

There ya go.

Notification that a new cache has been published is not the same as telling you where it is.