What Trail Maps for a Garmin GPS60CSX

bug512

Hello, well it's time to read up on GPS use now that the shorter days of winter are setting in.

I own a Garmin GPS Map 60CSX and have Garmin's Topo US 2008 installed. My question is do any of you know of (additional) maps that can be purchased that would have hiking trails on the maps?

Also is there any other sites for Earthcaching ? Is there anyone here that participates in that ?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Gene

Hay Bug512,

As for the EarthCache question, go down in the forums and look for it. There is a separate forum for it.

Now for the .gpx trail maps that's a different story. Any "Disk" you buy is going to suck and they are limited to some of the main trails.

Your best bet for local trails are on the web. Just do a search for the trail name and then add " .gpx " at the end of it.

I am having a heck of a time finding a trail map of the Taconic Crest trail map that is in the form of .gpx for my Oregon 400t. Even though it has there version of the trail on it, it is a very bad map and cuts out in certain places.

Just look around on the web and hopefully you will find something that you can download and then put on your GPS.

Gene G.

First off thanks for moving the thread, I saw later that I posted it in the wrong area, sorry.

Thanks to all that replied. Currently when I hike a trail I save it as a track. Is there anyway to upload them on a website so others can enjoy my mapped out hikes and trail locations.