All complete cache descriptions to GPS

De Speurneusjes

I upgraded my membership to Premium in order to enable Pocket Queries. I recently bought an Oregon 300 for paperless geocaching and I am very very happy with this device. How smart it's programmed - excellent!

And now, I want all caches in my neighbourhoud (on holiday or wherever) defined in a Pocket Query and in one batch send the complexe data into my GPS: waypoints, descriptions, hints, logs etc.. the whole lot.

Like when you select an individual cache on the website and hit the "send to GPS", then I've got it all in my GPS, really paperless (you do need to read HTML tags in stead of a nice layout, but hey - it's getting there).

How can I send all the cache info in one batch into my GPS?

Download all, no way - that's only the first waypoints and no info.

Pocket querie, I thought this would do the trick, that's why I became a premium member. But it seems to be an equal of Download all.

Please help.

I upgraded my membership to Premium in order to enable Pocket Queries. I recently bought an Oregon 300 for paperless geocaching and I am very very happy with this device. How smart it's programmed - excellent!

And now, I want all caches in my neighbourhoud (on holiday or wherever) defined in a Pocket Query and in one batch send the complexe data into my GPS: waypoints, descriptions, hints, logs etc.. the whole lot.

Like when you select an individual cache on the website and hit the "send to GPS", then I've got it all in my GPS, really paperless (you do need to read HTML tags in stead of a nice layout, but hey - it's getting there).

How can I send all the cache info in one batch into my GPS?

Download all, no way - that's only the first waypoints and no info.

Pocket querie, I thought this would do the trick, that's why I became a premium member. But it seems to be an equal of Download all.

Please help.

Make sure when you create your Pocket Query you select the GPX format and not the LOC format. That sounds like what you are doing.

Not sure exactly what you're asking... you do get more GPS-downloadable information per cache file, thanks to your Premium upgrade (GPX vs. LOC), and the search function with PQs is much more powerful and specific than a non-PM search. If, say you want the GPX files on every cache in your neighborhood -- and it caps you at 500, so you'll get a good many more besides -- run a PQ and put in your home coords as the only constraint. It'll mail you a file that you have to unzip, and then can be placed on your GPS to upload all of the caches returned by the PQ.

Thanx for the replies. I have done all that allready. :D

Yes, I use the GPX exchange file.

Yes, I use the e-mail with the ZIP-file.

Let me clarify my request:

When I select a cache on the website and read the page then it has the desciption, the hint, the logs etc.

When I hit the button "Send to GPS" then a GPX file is send to my Oregon300.

On my Oregon300 I than can view the total cache description: including hints, logs etc.

(BTW: if someone knows a way to view the desciption nice i.s.o. HTML-tags in plain text, then please tell me)

The same thing I want for all caches which are created by means of a Pocket Query.

That's my request. I want a paperless geocache on my Oregon.

However, when PocketQuery sends me an e-mail with, let's say, 100 caches. I unzip the appendix and place the GPX files (there are always 2 of them) on my Oregon300/Garmin/GPX. When I then view the caches, I only get the short description, no hints, no logs and not the complete cache description.

Everything solved, it works fine now.

The Oregon can't handle duplicates in a specific way. So it's unsure how he handles them.

Some geocaches where alreday as a single or batch (embedded) GPX file on the device, this meant that viewing these caches only delivered the short version (I wasn't a Premium member until last weekend).

The solution

After a complete delete of all waypoints, GPX files, tracks etc. on the Oregon 300 - I copied the 2 GPX-files from the PocketQuerie, and it works fine for all geocaches. I am happy now :laughing:

So the drill is:

- everytime a new PocketQuerie ZIP-file comes into the mail and I want to use my Oregon for geocaching

- delete the current GPX files on the device

- copy the new GPX files onto the device

- reboot

The Oregon can't handle duplicates ...

After a complete delete of all waypoints, ... it works fine for all geocaches.

Good to know. Thanks!

I regularly load GPX files with a small amount of dups - no problems I have ever seen..

However, I don't add new GPXs to the existing ones very often and I do usually purge between loadings.